UK Pet Forums Forum banner

What do you feed your dogs?

746 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  noushka05 
#1 ·
We are taking Holly to the vet today because she is hardly eating and it has been going on for months now, she has taken to eating her own poo or the kittens though??

We had them on James Wellbeloved and then after months of her not eating it we swapped to a cheaper food (Bakers) but took them off it after 3 weeks and now back on James but she is still refusing. I give up! If I put tinned on top she has abit but leaves all the biscuits.

#2 ·
if shes a picky eater Nature Diet is excellent & its also a top quality food...ask DT!;) :)

#8 ·
I feed my pair Orijen which is about the best dog food out there. Have you tried soaking the wellbeloved, if you put a wee drop of warm water in it that sometimes help them eat. Don't leave the food out all day, put it down if she hasn't eaten it after 10 mins pick it up and give nothing until the next meal. Are you only giving her her food or are you giving treats between meals, if you are giving loads of treats try stopping it and just keep her on her food for a while.

Terri

G
#9 ·
Could they have James Well Beloved wet food and not have dry at all? I am sure she would eat that but it would cost me a bomb I'm sure;)

Holly is around 6-kg and 8 mths old, Fudge is around 8kg and 10 months old.
Actually I think it works out cheaper for me as I buy in bulk!

In theory I would have liked to have keep mine on the puppy until they are a year old!! BUT ALL have gone off the puppy variety at between the age of 5 & 8 months!

Check Berriewood Wholesale - Pet Food and Pet Accessories
They have some cracking offers at the moment!

I am guessing but if they had a pack a day each topped up with Arden Grange (which you can also get from Berriewood) then it would still cost you less then a tenner a week to feed both!

DT

#10 ·
I feed my little girl CSJ Natural Champion Dry food. She absolutely loves it and since we've put her on that, she smells better (gas wise lol and rarely farts now lol) and her coat feels a lot nicer.

A 15kg bag of The natural champ food is about £9.95 and it lasts her about 2 months, but CSJ have a range of different types of food (Note that CSJ is cheaper to buy if you have a REP near you than it is to buy from the internet).

Stacey xxx

#11 ·
i think if you can always but a dry food where meat is the 1st named ingredient & if possible never buy one with animal derivities in, feeds containing this are poor quality:)

like DT i also use Arden grange

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.