Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you do!?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DevilDogz, Jul 15, 2009.

1. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

If you have trouble sleeping! Some nights i am really tired but can not get to sleep.So i just lay there awake and in the end i just have to get up!
    Some times i just dont feel tired :eek:ut:
    Does any one do anything to help them sleep, or have any advice for me to help me sleep!

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I do the same as you then when I do finally fall asleep its time to get up, I drink loads of diet coke during the day though so its probably my own fault that I can't sleep at night.

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

hehe im sure that drinking diet coke doesnt help! I dont drink anything :eek: Nope nothing!Yet i can get up 1000 times a night for the loo and once im out of bed then thats it im wide awake again!
    Yet my doctor had a go at me for not drinking
    Its not fair! everyone i know sleeps so well haha

4. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

if i cant sleep i put on a good dvd in the bedroom, for some reason if i want to stay awake to watch something i normally fall asleep and miss the end, reverse psychology:D:p

5. thedogsmother

The worst thing about not being able to sleep is that my oh is asleep before his head hits the pillow and I lie there all jelous and wide awake and I can't even put on a dvd or music cos I'll wake him up.

6. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

i normaly sleep like a log, but the odd time i carnt i read always makes me tired..

7. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i listen to my ipod :D do it every night...it has an effect on me like a sleeping pill, i always fall asleep at exact the same song every night lol :smilewinkgrin:

8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

TV doesnt work as i get bored before i even feel tired LOL so have to turn it off!
    Reading doesnt work as i would just finish the whole book! If i read something that wasnt intresting so i couldnt read it all then i would proberly just get bored and chuck it LOL..
    Other thing is to stay on here and snoop around but then i get to intrested in things and still dont get tired LOL
    Maybe i just dont need the amount of sleep some people do!
    But after a few days of hardly any sleep it creeps up on me!

9. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

Get snuggled up with a good book!!!

10. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Thats a good idea i havent tried that one i think i will give it a go
    Thanks

11. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

could always lend my oh mum she will send you off quickly :D:D

12. rona

rona Guest

I Never have trouble sleeping, just getting to bed since I joined this forum :D

13. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

But dont forget first have a warm bath with 4 lavender essential oil drops in it. Nice clean bed linen and lavender oil drops on a hankie near your pillow.

14. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I used to have real trouble sleeping due to working shifts and was on some pretty strong sleeping pills at one point. I bought a natural sunlight light about six months ago and haven't had any problems since. It's a light that gradually dims over about half an hour when you want to go to sleep so you fall asleep naturally and you can set the alarm so that it gradually lights up in the morning so you wake up gradually and feel really refreshed when the alarm goes off.
    Honestly I would recommend one to anyone who has trouble sleeping.

15. thedogsmother

Do you have a link for where you got it from?

16. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

LMFAO..il give that a miss thank you! :D :D

LOL atleast you can get to sleep when you get to bed! I gte back up ans switch it on because i cant sleep :p

Oh know i cant do lavender the smeel gives me a mega head ache! But i do have a bath most nights before bed if not i have a shower!

Really that sounds intresting i will have to look out at them! thank you

17. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Sorry I can't remember where I got it but it's called a Lumie Bodyclock. They're more expensive than a normal alarm clock but well worth it in my eyes.

18. BubblegumQueen

BubblegumQueen PetForums Member

What about a relaxation cd. recently i went to a hypnotherapst and i use the cd from her and i seem to fall asleep. It defeats the object as you arnt suposed to fall asleep, i think it also is due to the fact i do listen to it just before bed. It does make you feel more relaxed so that could help you to drop off to sleep.

19. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Lol...ditto! :D :D

Although I don't do it every night and always listen to a different playlist :)

20. asken

asken PetForums Newbie

Try a tila tea, I don´t know thw name in English, but scientific name is: Tilia spp. or you can try azahar tea, (is the flower of the orange tree) it working and isn´t adictive.

And is important don´t drink cofee or coke, and reduce stress.

Here you have more information:
    How to Sleep Well

I hope this can help you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice