UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or more to the point.. your dogs poo! :D

We contacted the council about putting dog poo in normal household waste and they told us it is fine as dog poo is no longer classed as toxic waste!

So now we have a black bin out in the garden with heavy duty bin bag and we put all 3 dogs poo in there and put out every week. Once we forgot to put the bin out for a few weeks and the poor refuse collectors had a massive bag of poo to take with them :scared: I bet some cars refused to drive behind the lorry that day!! :laugh:

We tried one of those plastic bowls you put into a hole in the ground and put a bio activator in. Well, we only had our leonberger then and it overflowed :laugh: let alone with 3 dogs now!!

How do you get rid of your poo?

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
We use biodegradable bags and they go in the main rubbish bin, but our stupid council brought in fornightly collections, so it's great in summer! :(

We did try a dog toilet once, but it was pretty disgusting.

·
Registered
524 Posts
When we're out and about, I just bag it and bin it.

When they poo in the garden, I have a small bin that I put a bag in, and collect the poo in there. It has a lid of its own, so you don't need to smell poo each time you go into the main bin.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried a dog toilet when I had my Great Dane. I think it filled up after one day! It's still buried somewhere in the garden but god knows where. We've sort of lost it!
Thats what happened to us!! I think it only works if you have one teacup Chihuahua!!:laugh:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have a doggie toilet (the green one in the ground) I dug a hole extra deep after reading reviews and taking advise :)

It was brilliant for 2 staffies :D then I had a poorly spaniel at home for a week who is fed cheap crap (work supply and won't let me change it) which nicely filled my doggie toilet ;) but would not degrade :eek: must have used 4-5 bottles of the activator chemical and still full :yikes:

I had to dig it all out :yikes: :incazzato: :yikes: :eek:

Now it is refreshed and is perfect for my raw fed dogs, 2 staffies and 1 GSD :D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I live opposite fields - right outside the gateway the council put up a dog waste bin, so I collect it from my garden bag it and skip across the road to the bin! :)

·
Life is Golden
3,719 Posts
When out walking it goes in the nearest bin.

When at home it goes down the loo...quick and simple and gone off the small shovel.
We have a bungalow so not to far to carry it;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine is bagged and put in the bin. I also tried one of thise poo bin things but it was full after a couple of days so I bought another one but even with 2 it couldn't cope!!!

There's no way I could flick it onto the garden, 3 rotties worth of poo would cover my borders in a couple of weeks - yuck!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
OH once put Tilly's poo in the garden waste bin and we got a sticker put on the bin saying 'bin not emptied as contains poo' so it goes double bagged in the general waste bin now:)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
We've got a Tubtrug with holes punched in the bottom in the toilet area of our garden (an area of gravel and paving up the side of the house) and poo is bagged and put in there. Just before bin day we empty it all into the outside bin.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I bag mine and keep it in one of the little kitchen caddy recycle tubs with a lid from the council, then we usually go out back to the park once a day and take it with us and put in the dog poo bins out there.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
We use biodegradable bags and they go in the main rubbish bin, but our stupid council brought in fornightly collections, so it's great in summer! :(

We did try a dog toilet once, but it was pretty disgusting.
I have the same problem! This time of year I bag it and put it in the wheelie bin but I hate the thought of it sitting there for two weeks during the warm weather so I tend to take it out and dump it in a council poo bin.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.