Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you do with the dog poo from your garden!?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucyandsandy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

Sorry, strange question I know. I have been collecting the mess in dog bags and then putting it in the normal rubbish just before it is due to be collected. I was just thinking if this is allowed?? If not, what do you do with yours!? I have to clean it u straight away as I have young children who use the garden daily and my puppy will eat it if I don't!

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

My local council state that dog poo should be put in with your normal rubbish.
    I pick it up, bag it and put it straight out in the wheelie bin.

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I either put in my wheelie bin or if feeling energetic take it to the poo bin down the road (I live near a dog walking area)

if a bonfire in the near future it goes on there - I have a variety of ways :p so long as it's gone. It just can't go in the brown compost bin

4. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

we have a bin the the garden with a black bag. its not a huge bin but not a tiny one its the in the middle kind with a lift up lead. once the bin is full (the bag is not) we then pull it out tie it up and put it in the wheelie bin. We have no where else to put it and if we tried to flush it like some people do with 1 loo in the house we would be forever flushing as there are 6 people living here too!.

5. Rache

Rache PetForums Senior

I bag it and bin it in the wheelie bin

6. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

Oh good so I am not doing anything naughty by putting it with the normal rubbish - *phew*!

7. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Ours all goes in the wheelie bin :) I contacted the council and they wernt sure. I havnt had any complaints and frankly I pay enough in Council tax :D

8. haddy

haddy PetForums Junior

we bag it (in nappy sacks/bags) and put it in with the normal rubbish wheelie bin.

9. mummyto3andfurbabies

mummyto3andfurbabies PetForums Member

yep we do the same, nappy bags or poo bags and in the wheelie bin :)

10. Magnus

Magnus Keeper of a crazy little red dog!

Throw it over the fence into farmers (arable) field where it fertilizes the corn flakes you had this morning! :D

(If anyone found a ball-bearing can you send it back to me, it's off my KTM's headstock which Bear helped with!;))

11. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

You're not being naughty - most councils request that's what we do with it.

12. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I collect it with a shovel and bucket every day and we then burn it once a week. We live out in the sticks so no issues with bonfires.

13. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

Same as evryone else on here in nappy sacks and in the wheelie bin. ;)

14. Old Shep

Old Shep PetForums VIP

:nono: Dog poo is picked up on the crop when it is harvested and makes its way through the crop. Dog poo in a bale of silage is not nice to handle (by the farmer or horse owner) or to eat!

Our local farmer grazes pedigree animals on a piece of open land which is used by many dog walkers (we have Right to Roam legistation up here!) and the ammount of dog poo on the land results in him not being able to apply for organic status for his meat.

I didn't realise all this till a farming friend told me. I used to leave poo in fields as I also thought it'd just break down and be good for the fields :blushing:

15. Mels Furry Friends

Mels Furry Friends PetForums Newbie

A neighbour of my Mums once put dog poo on her front door step. She was under the mistaken impression that mums dog had fouled her garden! Needless to say there was no neighbourly love after that!:blink:

16. mgarr

mgarr PetForums Junior

It look's like we all do the same I can not see any other way around it.

17. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

After the snow melts the winter bags go into spring clean up, the County comes around and removes everything you put in the pile other than appliances. The rest of the time it is a normal amount so I put it in the regular garbage....Jill

18. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

Your mum should have returned the favour and shoved it through her letterbox.:tongue_smilie:

19. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

Our dog pooh also goes into nappy sacks/dog pooh bags and into the wheelie bin. Our cat litter goes into any handy plastic bag and also into the wheelie bin. I don't see where else it can go really apart from the toilet or burning it.

20. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

i take radleys bagged up to the poo bin about 10 mins up the road..... went this morning and the bin was overflowing with bags.. the smell was making me heave!!!!!!

our local councillers have said we cant put it out with the rubbish here......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice