Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you all think about this parent?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, May 21, 2010.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Well if it has stopped him playing with matches i don't see the harm done.I remember a guy i worked for in a hotel who boy would never put his bike away.So the dad hid the bike,got one of his polieman friends to come and have a word with him, then pretended to get the bike back.The lad always put his bike away after that.:D

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

To arrest him and handcuff him was OUT OF ORDER, he is only five years old, if she had taken him to the police station and got him a good telling off by the duty sergent then fair do's. but not hand cuff the wee lad.
    I took my son to the police station and did what I just suggested, and they told him off and explained what would happen if he played with matches and he didnt really understand much about everything that was being told to him, but knew what he had done was wrong. Fire is a bad thing and he should be told in a child's way about what would happen if he had caught fire or the house went up. If he wasnt told now as he is playing with them already then he will go on to play with them more. It is a difficult situation when they are that young. Very frightening though.

4. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

5. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

i lol'ed

then thought it was a tad mean :lol:

6. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I think it was a job well done, sometimes scareing kids into things works. I used to play with lighters because I liked how they worked, my school took us out on a fire demo thing. Nothing bothered me till they showed me a video of a stuffed animal burning, I never touched anything like a lighter or matches again unless I had to.

It may have been a bit harsh but he's unharmed and has taught him something, so can't be that bad.

7. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

To be honest, papers can be bias (shock horror :eek:) what's to say this child hasn't done it a few times?

If it works, and he never plays with fire again, at least he wont have to live life with the guilt of killing someone in a fire. Plus of course, he will also be fearful of doing wrong now. That can't be a bad thing surely?

I had a visit from the police when I was a teen. Even though I hadn't done anything wrong they initially thought I had. The way they handled the situation definately made me fearful of breaking the law. I've been a good girl ever since :D Hasn't done me any harm either!

8. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Well seeing as I almost lost my son to a fire years ago I think even though it may be harsh to some peeps it bloody well could save his life. :)

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I say it's right but I've seen what happens when children aren't taught that playing with matches/lighters is wrong. My sister's friend got 60% burns from playing with matches and was in hospital for a couple of months at 7 years old.

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

The fact the article is from the DM lessens my interest already :lol:

Only in America. I just think it was a bit of a waste of time for the cops tbh...

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Definitely a waste of time for the cops but wow if that had happened to me no way would I ever do something like that again :eek:

12. Savahl

Savahl Guest

So did I. The Daily Fail...sorry Mail, is brilliant for these non-event stories.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice