Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what do u think of a.....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by chianya, Apr 12, 2011.

1. chianya

chianya PetForums Senior

husky x collie. I am still lookin 4 a play friend 4 suki and have seen a few advertised just wanted to see what everyone thinks of them. Thanks.

2. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

I have no idea but would guess that you could get quite an 'interesting' dog out of that - noisy very active husky x nervous very active collie

but I may be way off mark there and am happy to be told so

personally I would say no

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

When looking at a cross breed.... always imagine what the worst case scenario would be :lol:
    Could you cope with a dog that had the bad points of a husky as well as the bad points of a collie?
    If you are fairly sure you could, then why not? :) You might be pleasantly surprised and have a very easy dog Lol both my dogs are part collie and aren't very much collie about them.

ClaireLouise likes this.
  4. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

I couldn't really guess. i suppose you would have to look in to both breeds in depth and make sure both were suited to your lifestyle.

I was just looking at the same breed as i had seen a couple advertised and a bitch i quite like. :) But before i make any rash decisions i need to think about it more in depth. :D

5. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

If you think both breeds and their traits are something that is suitable to your household, I don`t see a problem.
    It might not be an ideal cross for some people, but you might not be some people :D

6. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

The only thing I would recommend with a cross like that is that you buy a furminator

thats a definite :D :lol: :thumbup:

7. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

You mean they sometimes dont shed , lol

#7 Mese, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  8. wynnpot

wynnpot PetForums Junior

High maintenance, active dog. Would require alot of physical and mental activities to keep it sane. If you are fully prepared for the worst (which may well happen. I wouldn't go anywhere near it if I hadn't seen the parents at least) for that then fine...........

9. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I've seen most breeds crossed with a collie but husky/collie cross is a new one on me.

10. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

my friend has a beagle/collie/husky as you can imagine a mad dog! But she is lovely and as long as she gets plenty of excersize she is fine , moults like mad though!

Obviously with a crossbreed you always get different but I would love a collie/husky just because of bonnie , here is the little sweetie

[​IMG]

11. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

have to say hun (and please dont take this the wrong way) but till you sort out suki's issues with dogs at the park out i wouldnt be bringing another dog into your house

ment in the nicest way possible, and only cus i know what its like to have a resource guarder, and i made sure kira was over it till we brought grey in

12. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

she had a full on fight over a bit of mud :lol:

obv i dont know whats she's like at home, i've just seen how she's been at the park recently, if u think she will be ok with another dog around her space then go for it

that staff up there last time was a right sh*t tho, made keyu bleed :mad:

wonder if a collie x sibe would round the sheep into a corner before it tried to eat them? :blink:

13. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

LMAO dumb dog, my heart is in my mouth when bees fly past my guys, im just praying they dont try and eat them, MIL's dog tried and got stung, he had to go to the vets cus his face swelled up :rolleyes::

god hope he's not there when we're there, grey would rip him to shreds, grey doesnt take any crap ;) Oh, BTW, the meet up is on the 18th this month which is monday, can u let ppl know please??

Oh, n let suki know that if she nips my fingers next time she aint getting any treats, little bugger :lol:

14. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

it wasnt the same one that went for keyu was it?? i think it was brindle

keeshas only 8 months!?!?!?! bloody hell shes huge! :lol:

15. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Keyu's like that, she responds well to gently now aswell :) tho she got put in the cratewithout a treat earlier as she nipped my hand as i was shutting the door, little cow :rolleyes::

yea me and keyu are going to the show, she wont be at the meet cus she's in heat :rolleyes::

16. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

maybe he shud muzzle it :rolleyes:

if its there and starts on one of my guys i will have no problem giving it a good kick to get it off im afriad

17. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

yea i'm takin her cus she's missin out on the meet, im a bit of a sap like that :eek:

im hoping i can pass keyu off for a year old :lol: na i just wanna see if she gets a rossette in a show lol

18. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

aww thanks hun, i thought kira had a chance of winning at one last year, but she only got 4th, and that was in junior handler class (i stole a child lol) so it was more about the kids than the dogs. she didnt even get placed in any of the other classes :( lol

hopefully keyu's redheadedness will help her win lol

how are u gettin there??

19. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

lol your kids will fly with any of mine, keyu is really strong already lmao, im not sure how im gettin there atm, might get the bus

20. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Yuri is 1/4 sibe and half BC he's also 1/4 GSD, but he is crazy, he has calmed down a lot after being neautered but he's still crazy. He's fine for me, but not everyone could deal with a dog with so much energy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice