Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what do u like to bake/cook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gem88, Oct 22, 2012.

1. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

i've been making lots of soups recently and pies just wondered what you like to cook and what you think you're best at?

im getting good at soups, broccolli and stilton and cauliflower and cheese are my best 2.

pies i've always been good at chicken pie, a very fast simple recipe of chicken mushrooms chives mascapone and milk. i made the filling for a beef and ale last week which is currently defrosting hopefully for tea tonight

aaaand cakes, i love making cakes :D not so much on the eating them but if theres an occasions for a choccy cake i get asked :lol:

so come on, ...

2. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

I make broccoli & stilton soup for my dad he loves it, will be making some tonight actually, also tomato & basil soup thats nice & super easy.

Used to make a mean roast dinner but as son always works on a Sunday now after cooking 100 roast dinners last thing he wants to do is eat one!

His friends have been known to come round if they know am making steak & ale pie or chicken leek & ham. Always preferred making savoury stuff never been much into cakes but now that mother doesn't cook anymore have started too for my Dad. My lemon meringue pie usually disappears quickly.

Made a quiche and some cheese & onion pasties for dad yesterday.

Sounds as though most of my cooking involves pastry I do other stuff too honest - son says my meatballs are better than his and he is a chef :smile5:

3. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I'm far more confident with cooking than I am with baking. I love just getting stuff, chucking it all together and seeing what comes out.

OH always gets excited when I do a proper roast Sunday dinners. I also love doing stews and casseroles as Old Fussy Guts will happily eat those. There is no fun creating something unusual because OH will just look at it very suspiciously, sniff at it and then eat it like it was something the cats had pooped out!!! :rolleyes:

He does like my mince though - no matter what way I do it (although hewon't let me do a chilli :rolleyes:).

4. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I love to make soups and stews, especially at this time of year, can't wait until all the halloween pumpkins are cheap, I'll look like one by new year!!

Also, curries, I love experimenting with spices :D

I'm just learning to bake bread, I've pretty much got the basics mastered, now I want to try adding flavours (tis why I borrowed money to get a decent oven!).

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im not so much a fan of the baking/cooking as I am of the eating afterwards!:D
    My favs to make are carrot and coriander soup with crusty seeded rolls, chicken tikka masala (in the slow cooker) with garlic naan breads and I love to make loaf cakes of all variaties! Esp courgette cake and pear, pecan and choc cake, I use an oil based recipe so that when I slice them and freeze them they taste just as nice defrosted as fresh.:)
    I find it very comforting to know that I always have cake in the freezer!LOL:eek:

6. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

aww moggy we love chilli in this house come join us :D
    even C will eat it, as long as i do a little less spicey one for him :)

i havent made much quiche this year, did a lovely asparagus one in the summer but with the weather being as it has been none of us have really been in the mood.

ooooo and i love cooking stuffed marrow with sausagemeat and smothered in cheese sauce nom nom

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I would need to share some of 'C's with him as I get ill if stuff is too spicy.

I'm tempted one day to just make one - I've already 'fiddled' ;) with his Bolognese Sauce so he has had a 'sort-of' chilli - but instead of kidney beans (which I know he would NEVER eat) I would put in baked beans. I have been told that this is just as tasty. :D

8. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

i've done this frequently as i often forget to buy kidney beans :lol: prefer it that way :D

9. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

they all sound really nice. especially now the weather is getting cold.:D

i like anything i can shove in the slow cooker:D

i don't claim to be the best cook but i can make a fabulous coffee and walnut cake and a victoria sponge. must be ok as my son is always asking me to make them and he can be very honest about ny cooking. too honest sometimes. :eek:
    had a go at doing some 'fun' cakes...

one for my mom.
    Picture 014.jpg

one for my hubby. bit bobbly lol
    Picture 020.jpg

one for my friend
    Picture 362.jpg

will i get into trouble now?

10. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Other half makes a yummy veggie curry sometimes and I make veggie pizza with quorn pepperonis and everything!

I love making buns though... :eek: each Christmas, Easter, Halloween etc.. its an excuse to make lots of yummy buns :) Can't bake a cake for my life though! x

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I quite like making bagels...its like Play Dough for adults!LOL:D

12. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I like making cakes, pies and puddings. I can make a pretty good shortcrust pastry.
    Pies and puddings to use up the fruit in the freezer and also cakes.
    We are not a "soupy" house so don't make it. OH makes a mean curry but I can't eat it as it sets off my acid reflux.
    Christmas pudds and cake made and maturing

13. waggy Tailz

waggy Tailz PetForums Senior

I like baking cheese straws :D I could eat them ALL day lol

14. CaliDog

CaliDog Greedy Mummy Bear!

I love cooking soups and casseroles and hotpots with lots of dumplings :p

15. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

I just love cooking and baking.... Everything from fairy cakes to complex fine dining recipes :D

16. Diesel the Crazy Dal

Diesel the Crazy Dal PetForums Senior

Im a sucker for traditional food.

I love cooking beef in ale stew with dumplings, roast dinners aswell as lasagne, spag bols etc.

I am fairly new to baking and already my kids bug me 24/7 to make muffins ( i make mean white choc chunk and rasberry ones ), lemon cake, chocolate sponges and brownies :D

I love making home made curry too, full on with onion salad :001_tt1:

17. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

I absolutely hate cooking but occasionally make a Banana and Walnut loaf.

18. CavalierOwner

CavalierOwner PetForums VIP

Well I was getting right into baking but then I blew my electric whisk up :eek: So at the min I'm trying to justify paying out for a mixer thing (does other stuff as well) so close to Christmas. :D I LOVE coffee cupcakes Mmmmm or anything with chocolate....if something is sweet and full of calories I'll enjoy eating it, I'm really not fussy. :lol:

I'm not fussy with other food either tbh, my favourite meals are Sunday roasts, stew and dumplings and meat and potato pie! I do enjoy a good curry or chilli as well though. :001_tt1:

19. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I love cooking and baking. Love cooking a roast and the slow cooker is a favourite too. Its nice to throw the ingredients in of a morning and have the smell of it wafting through the house all day.
    Love making cakes, buns, shortbread. My daughter's bf is a right fussy little git for his food(15 yrs old) but I've caught him swiping buns and shortbread :lol:

My daughter has surprised herself in her cookery exams at school and scored A's and that has been very nice, having her practising at home. I've had vegetable moussaka, lasagne, soups, baguettes, lemon meringue's, tarts, cheesecakes all prepared by her from scratch and very nice they were.
    Also getting the little lad (5 yrs) interested in preparing his food. He likes to help out with safe tasks.

20. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I rarely cook or bake but my wife loves to do both at the weekends and makes quite a mess into the bargain.:rolleyes:

I particularly like her apple pie made with whole meal flour and Granny Smith's and a few other special ingedients.

I love it so much in fact I made up a silly little weekend ditty for her,

Her Apple Pie can make you cry
    It really is delicious
    But after all the preparation
    Who wants to wash the dishes.
    :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice