Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do people say about your.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GSDlover4ever, Aug 21, 2009.

1. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

at the moment i have builders in and they are decorating my bathroom - have put new toilet, bath, sink, installed shower, have tileing it etc.... - luckily enough i'm not paying forit the counsin is to all of the houses in my area!

anyway one of the builders happened to to mention that i have a lot of animals!
    i said no i've only got 4 - that is the dog adn my 3 cockateils!
    and he sia doh thats loads! :eek:

it got me thinking are their many people that think your mad for having so many?

this is the least amount of animals i have ever had.

just last year i had 6 birds, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 tortoises, a snake, 3 rabbits and a full tank of tropical fish.
    and i have had a lot more than that in the past!

but sadly the majority of the above animals passed away - but a few of them still stay at my mums - the tortoises and cats!

i can remember people saying i had a mini zoo and i should charge people at the door for entering the house lol

i would love to get more animals, but i dont think its the right time to have anymore!

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

erm...:yesnod: get it all the time..with the amount of dogs we have! :D But whats really nice is when some one says how well kept they are for the amount we have..:D:D

3. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

People always say oh my you have far too many, How can you possibly look after them all your house must be a mess and smelly

So i invite them in and they are shocked

I hate that people assume because we have a lot our house is a state and that we cant cope

If i couldnt cope i wouldnt have them

4. kelseye

kelseye Banned

people are amazed when they come to my house as the amount of animals ive got and they dont smell!!!my family tell me im mad all the time but its my life my house i can do and have what i want in it:D

i have 4 ferrets
    2 iguanas
    2 pleqs
    3 terrapins
    2 dog

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

That is exactly the same as us lmfao..people think they must live in a right tip sh1t...then when they come in there shocked...I mean we are the same if we couldnt cope we would never have got them all...Some people just dont understand that looking after this many dogs is easy if you love them and love looking after them..:D:D

6. Spaniel mad

I say having 6 is just like have 1, OK theres more pooh and more food to dish us but i have 6 times the fun and 6 times the kisses and cuddles etc and i love it

1 person likes this.
  7. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

People always say I have a lot of animals, but I grew up with lots so it is just normal to me.

My friends say my pets are looked after better than most children round where we live, but then I wouldn't have them all if I couldn't look after them all properly.

8. blueribbonuk

blueribbonuk PetForums Member

people do think i am totally mad having 7 dogs but i love it.

9. frags

frags PetForums VIP

last month i had 19 rabbits (2 litters) 3 giunea pigs a cat and 4 kids lol so i always got the oh your brave or are you mental comment!

i love having loads of animals around me, when we come home from holiday we are getting a kitten :D

10. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

People think we have alot. Right now we have 2 dogs, 4 guinea pigs and a rabbit. Also a hedgehog comes every night and we feed loads of birds in the garden. I don't think we have that many.. It anoys me when people ask why the piggies and rabbit aren't outside and instead live in my bedroom. I wouldn't beable to sleep if any of them were outside!! We had work done not long ago basically the same but luckily we had dad's house to ship all the animals up to. I think he was tempted to get himself a couple of piggies once they left!

11. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I've only got 2 dogs and a snake at the moment so no, nobody says I've got too many :D

At one time I had:

4 bearded dragons
    2 chameleons
    6 corn snakes
    2 childrens pythons
    4 geckos
    3 guinea pigs
    1 dog

....then people said I had a lot! ;) :D

12. GSDlover4ever

the most i have had at ine time would be!

1 dog, 4 cats, 8 hamsters, 9 birds, full tank of tropical fish, snails, crabs, - peope thought we had a lot as well!

personally at the moment i feel like my house is empty becaus ei have hardly any animals!

13. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

I only have 8 cats and some people think that's quite mad and sometimes I have to agree with them!!!

14. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Same here. The biggest compliment that some one ever paid me was saying how beautifully behaved my dogs were and considering their backgrounds they were a credit to me. I smiled for days after that.

Most people just ask if I run a rescue or if I'm a dog walker!! Wish I did get paid for walking them!!:smilewinkgrin:

15. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

All my OH side of the family think we have too many... And that is 2 dogs, 2 cats and a fish tank.

At one point I had 5 dogs, 2 cats, 4 rats, 1 hamster, 1 hedgehog (he had a sore foot so I looked after him til he could walk properly)

I'd love a snake or rats, and another dog but OH thinks we have enough. I say, ok, for now. But when we get our own place, I will have more pets! Lol I want at least another 4 dogs!!

I must admit that once I let my flat get a bit smelly of dogs and that makes my mum think that my house will smell. It doesn't though.

x

16. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

My neighbours think i am mad cos i talk to my cats and all the neighbours cats, whenever i go in my garden and there door is open all i have to do his talk to my cats and they come and close the door lol.

17. Spaniel mad

I talk to all my cats and dogs and i do get some funny looks lol

18. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

we get the regular"your mad"
    "how do you afford them all?"
    etc :rolleyes:

19. GSDlover4ever

its sad that some people dont appreciate the plessure of owning animals

20. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

when we moved the removal guy said my house is like a zoo :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice