Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do people feed their dogs??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Spaniel mad, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I have seen so many people on here mention what they feed their dogs and then question what other people feed theres so was just wondering what people feed their dogs.

i have 4 adult dogs who are on Wagg dry. They have been for some time and they are happy on this. No problems with their stools. They have a tin of food every other day. This is not always the same tinned. Sometimes its pedigree chum or butchers and others its pets at home brand.

I have 2 cocker puppies that when we collected them they were on supadog dry. They had the runs as soon as they got to us and they would not touch the supadog so we put them on pedigree puppy tinned and chudleys dry which they were happy with but still had a slight case of the runs. After taking them to the vets they recommended putting them on Hills tinned and dry as its bland and will be good for their bellies. They have been on this for 3 days and i have noticed a difference in their stools. They are still loose but not runny like they were. The vet has said we keep them on hills for 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference.

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Mine are currently fed AG,but were previously fed on Burns and JWB. :)

3. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

We feed our 7 labs on Eukanuba and 3 terriers on Arden Grange.

4. rona

rona Guest

Nature diet and Chappie tinned

5. Spaniel mad

When our dogs had pups last year their pups were weaned onto Eukanuba. i think its great.

I have heard alot of people mention Arden Grange but i dont personally know anyone that uses it

6. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Springer,lab and cocker Hills sp chuddley's and raw.
    jrt bakers:eek::eek:. and he love's it;)

7. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

When Bracken is not nicking tubs of margarine to eat!!:eek: and now having to have boiled chicken and rice. He is fed nature diet and skinners senior dry food.

8. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

At the moment he's on Vitalin 4x a day with added mince for the last meal. I will be swapping him on to Burns (still with mince) when I'm sure he and his tummy have settled in.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Mine have JWB and ND. Soon to be AG and ND, due to a reduction in the quality of JWB.

Im particular in what i feed my dogs. No cheap fillers, no artificial additives and preservaties, and no derivatives for my boys.

I think you get out what you put in.

10. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Mine are fed raw. Although oldie boy's teeth are not what they were and he's suffered 2 strokes so I'll admit he gets whatever the hell he wants!!! Last night he had baked pototo with cheese and this morning he had Frolics with some dried food and a chicken wing. If he wanted cavier he'd get it at the moment!!:smilewinkgrin:

11. Badger's Mum

And why not, bless him:D:D

12. rona

rona Guest

I told you about the other dog who is still going strong 18 months after a stroke.
    Yours could pauper you before then :D

13. Mine's a secret:D:D:D:rolleyes: if I tell you all your dogs will look as good as mine:eek::eek:
    DT

14. Spaniel mad

Double trouble thats not fair.

come on share share lol

15. Surprised anyone has to ask:):):):):smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Seriously! they are fed nature diet! and Arden Grange!

#15 DoubleTrouble, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  16. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Mine are all on Royal Canin Mini Adult, except Arwin she is on Junior at present and will go onto their Starter next week ready for the pups being born. They all get a bed time bicci and have raw chicken wings once a week if I remember to pick them up in the supermarket.

We have tried them on Pro Plan, and Eukanuba and they all ha the runs with these two more so with Eukanuba. We had them on Nutro before RC and they did well on it but it proved harder and harder to find so we decided to try RC and they have never looked back they love the stuff.

take care

Sarah

17. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:mad: Cos it was MY baked potato!! I ended up having toast!! :rolleyes:

And Rona I'm already a pauper with that lot!!:smilewinkgrin:

18. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I'm another one that's very very fussy about what goes into my dogs, they are both fed on Orijen.

Terri

19. Badger's Mum

Maybe he thought he was doing you a favour:rolleyes: second on the lip's life time on the hip's:eek: :D SORRY:p

20. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I haven't felt my hips for years..my whole body has been carefully created by baked potato and cheese for many many years!!!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice