Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do I do about my adult dog attacking my new puppy?

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by rheredia99, Jun 27, 2009.

1. rheredia99

rheredia99 PetForums Newbie

Please help. My adult male dog - siberian husky, 9 years old - is attacking my 6 month old puppy. He bite her so hard today he made her foot bleed and the puppy was on his back, screaming and the other dog would not stop. More info: The new puppy is 6 mos old, we have had her for about a 3 months. She is boxer. Usually they get along fine. But twice in this week, my older dog attacked the pup and wouldn't stop even when the puppy submitted. Very vicious sounding and it scared the hell out of me. I don't know what to do. I don't want the puppy to get hurt any more and I definitely don't want him to grow up and hurt the other dog. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rodrigo

2. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

Probably just a case of seperating them and only allowing supervised playtime until they are getting along better. Probably best to cage one i guess... at least until the boxer is older and can stand it's ground more - either that or muzzle them?

The honeymoon period is over :001_unsure: they're probably trying to sort a pecking order out... i doubt it'll last for long, but until it gets resolved you'll have to take action to avoid more damage to the boxer... good luck

(There is a similar thread on here which may help you...)

#2 r_neupert, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  3. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

the girl no matter what age usually puts the boy in place, could she be coming into season and getting a little full of herself?

seperating them for a few moment if it does do beyond acceptable levels is a good idea

Are you walking them enough? they may be wanting to burn energy off :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice