Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What daft things have you done?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by poohdog, Apr 6, 2011.

1. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Mentioning hanging baskets earlier reminded me...

Some years back one April I planted out about 10 baskets and hung them round the garden.
    I watched a film later that night on the box...when it finished the weather man came on and warned of heavy frosts to come.
    Panic, panic, I dashed out and one by one brought the baskets into the kitchen.It was gone midnight and there were baskets everywhere, but at least they wouldn't be killed off by frost.

It was then I noticed the TV screen was blank....

I had been watching a video tape...including the weather report...probably one I recorded in November or December......Plonker.

Dally Banjo likes this.
  2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

:lol:

Thought Id droped the door key on the beach :eek: went all the way back along looking for it :rolleyes: gave up & got home to find it in the outside of the front door :w00t: :eek: I had locked it though :rolleyes: :lol:

3. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

I used to work in a Day Centre for the elderly and one Christmas I had to go and get them each a present I got one of the men socks took everything back and wrapped 56 presents when he opened his he burst out laughing,then I realized he was in a wheelchair and had had both legs amputated:eek:

Dally Banjo likes this.
  4. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Well when we had our dog kandy I took her to a dog park let her off sat on a bench and a few mint later walked home got in the door turned round and found I didn't have my doggie with me in a panic ran back to the park found her sitting at the bench waiting for me lol :rolleyes:

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I cut myself on a spoon and burnt myself eating ice cream :eek:

6. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I did that just the other week at my local shop...picked up my milk and was half way down the road when I heard a bark I recognised....Turned round to see my dogs tied to the shop railings...

I think the bark said...Oi!!!

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I'll try to keep this short:

Many years ago, I was replacing the bathroom lights. There were two light fittings, each with it's own swtich on a 3 switch panel outside the bathroom door. Got the first fitting up, tried it - job's a good 'un!! :thumbup1: They worked a treat. Put up the second set, switched them on... nuffink! Took them down, checked the wiring was correct, put them back up. Still nuffink!! Took them totally down, stuck a plug on the wire, plugged them in - they worked!!!! Put them back up on the ceiling, switched them on.... Nuffink!! :mad2:

"B*llocks I thought, I've gone and drilled through a wire in the ceiling....." Upstairs neighbour was out, I couldn't do anything until he came back so I just left the lights in situ and proceeded to wait till he returned. :mad:

A wee while later, I needed to go to the loo, went into the bathroom, switched the lights on without thinking, and they worked!!!! :eek:

The stupid, dozy cow that I am...... I'd only been hitting the WRONG bloomin switch hadn't I!!!!!!! I'd been putting the outside garden light on & off the whole damn time.......

DOH!!!!!!!!! :eek:hmy::eek:ut:

8. Erm! might be easier to ask me what daft thing HAVEN'T I done:D

9. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Lol awww bless well I'm not the only one that for get they went out with a dog lol I was lucky she was wait for me to come get her lol

10. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

When i went to the hair dressers last week, i had to get the bus, so walked out the house got the bus had my hair done got home to find my keys weren't in my bag :blink: so i rang my mum to say i'd lost them.

'don't worry jess will be home soon' im sat on the doorstep like a right fool, and by this time im dying for a wee! instead of coming straight home mums gone looking for my keys and jess has gone n the flipping park!

mum let me in and turned out i'd left my keys at home :lol:

11. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

I once managed to put a steak knife all the way through my hand, turns out that there are better ways to open a wine bottle!

I also went to work with a collapsed lung but in my defence, I didn't know until I was rushed into hospital the next day.

12. rob158

rob158 PetForums VIP

I joined in the fruit fight :eek:ut: :lol:

13. Savahl

Savahl Guest

I managed to nearly set myself on fire filling a cavity wall with expanding foam, not considering the pilot light opposite. Foam is very flamable. 1 explosion, 2 fire engines, 8 firemen later, I only managed to singe my fringe off, lost some eye brows and eye lashes....Major injury to my ego though

14. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I love looking in new show homes and there were building new homes near us years ago so i walked down to have a look, one of them had been made into a sales office so i looked around the rest.
    A few weeks later we went on holiday for 2 weeks during that time they sales office was closing all the plots sold and they were furnishing the office, putting it back to a home, which was to be sold as a show home when we came back i thought i would go and have a nosey how it had been done so i walked down went in there were about 3 people in it as i walked in they all turned to look at me, you know the look like i shouldnt be there, so i was thinking ive as much right to look around as you, so i ignored them started to look around, now it was only seconds but felt like ages when i noticed the woman in slippers:eek: and a coffee cup on the table then it dawned on me that the house had been sold prior to me going away and they had moved in during the 2 weeks i was away, so there i was looking at them as they had no right to look at me so starnge all the time they were speechless thinking who is this strange person walking into our home scanning the place. Sooo embarassing ive never moved as fast.:D:D:D:D

15. rcmadd

rcmadd PetForums VIP

i have run my self over...:cool:

16. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Far Far too many to mention.

Here's two :D

Years ago going for my driving test and had to park instructors car in a busy residential area. So basically any space available on one of 3-4 rds.

Came out with test instructor and as nervous couldn't remember where I parked it. Was getting flustered and he was getting fed up, he then asked me make and colour of car to help me look and my mind just went blank:lol:

At a friends wedding. Reception held in garden on lovely summers day. I didn't know any of her family at all. Had a few drinks but not drunk. Went to toilet came back to sit on garden chair ( those horrid plastic ones) and as I sat down I pushed back legs of chair from patio onto grass and basically I went over backwards and went tumbling over in a back tumble with my legs in the air!!!

Her dad came rushing over to help me up. :eek:

I was soooo embarrassed:blushing::blushing:

17. Mistyweather

Mistyweather PetForums Member

I have a lot too, but the first to come to mind is one evening many years ago, it was dark and raining and I was in Argos doing some Christmas shopping. Finished shopping and ran out to the car (Sierra) and jumped in. The expression on the face of a strange man and two startled kids .. well they must have thought I was from another planet, well I was in a way!!! Reminds me of another time when I was supermarket shopping, came out ahead of husband opened boot and put all of our shopping in. Hubbie came out and was delighted to tell me that it was not our car boot I had opened with my key (same sierra). I would have removed the groceries and done a runner except that I was afraid that someone might have been watching me and report me, so I had to wait until the owner turned up and I could explain to him.

18. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

In the seventies I had a red Morris 1100...I couldn't get in it for some reason and phoned the AA.The guy arrived and was busy shoving a strip of metal down the window to trip the catch when a woman turned up playing hell....

You guessed it...mine was parked round the corner.:rolleyes:

19. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, A few years ago me and my previous dog went to Lidls in the car, I went into Lidls, did my shopping and came back out, I put my shopping in the boot and climbed into the car and thought 'somethings missing'! and then thought "jeesus somebody's pinched the dog!", panicking I looked around and saw the dog happily sat in the drivers seat of our car parked a few bays down, I hurriedly unloaded my shopping and re-locked the strange (same make, model and colour) car, and joined the dog in our car. wayne.

20. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

That reminds me of the baby joke...

Coming out of a shop the husband grabbed a pram and started to walk away..
    His wife shouted...

"You idiot that's not our baby!"...he replied...

"Shut up...it's a better pram"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice