Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What could you not do without?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by the melster, Sep 13, 2013.

1. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

We use are transport as just a van, for flyball, for weekends away (and the tent), for days away, for rescue fundraising and my favourite gadgets are:

> our boot jack (ventlock)

> our pressure washer (should be done under trade descriptions :D) which is great for hosing down mucky dogs

What are your favourite gadgets/things in your dog vehicle?

2. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

The dog guard lol... The boot is the boy's area... If I go shopping, even when the dogs aren't with me, I put everything I buy on the back seats lol.

My boot is pretty big (Range Rover) so they have a cosy bed, toys and they often get a treat to munch on when they're back there. I can also clip all their leashes/harnesses and what not on the the dog guard :)

If I didn't have it, my car would be a mess as I have no doubt they'd live to get mud and hair all over the leather seats :)

It's their own space ad I love it, even if they don't :)

3. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

The entire back of my little Corsa is the dog area, no seats and all levelled out with their quilt on top. I'd miss my anchor points the most because without them Kali or Flynn would most likely be on my lap. Both have tried desperately hard to get over the dog guard into the front with me on the rare occasions I've forgotten to anchor them. Pretty scary on a busy dual carriageway I can tell you.

4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

My whole car is like a dog-mobile - I have SO much stuff in there :eek:. I love her bergan harness because it keeps her safe, but I have treats, water, bowls, poo bags, coats, a bag of food in case of emergency, collars, leads, wet wipes, tether poles, doggy first aid stuff, agility football boots, a warm hat, sun hat, snood and raincoat for me, and probably heaps of other stuff too! :eek:

5. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

^^^^ yep, mine is too, I've got a ventlock in there, as well as a windscreen shield, and a reflective sheet which should still fit over the top of the Disco and roof rack. And I've got a load of training gear in there as well, including a training vest with lots of pockets to hold dummies etc. My favourite *gadget* (which I have yet to try out) has to be the roof tent, it's one of these:

Howling Moon - Tourer Rooftop Tents

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

The things that I could not do without in the car are the Hatchbag, dog guard and tailgate guard I think. I wouldn't want to be without the first aid kit in there either but (touch wood!!!) have only used it for minor things so far.

7. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

In my current car, the Ventlock and windscreen reflector. I also fitted curtain track above the rear windows and across the back of the roof, and have curtains I can close which also keep the car cool and shaded; I can sleep out in it too and have privacy. There are tiebacks to keep the curtains open for general driving, and a pole to put up another curtain between the back and front seats I can use if I need to.

In my old car, I had a fitted, lockable tailgate guard so didn't have a ventlock then. It was a hatchback so I could leave the hatch either open or part closed using a lead or bungee cord.

I have those expandable folding vents for the front windows too. The dogs are in crates, Kite right at the back, Ziggy between her and the passenger seat. I only have the front seats in.

Oh, and first aid kit, several bottles of water, dog food, oatcakes for me, a couple of pairs of waterproof socks, waterproof boots, jacket and trousers; and secateurs (you never know when you will come across something that would benefit from some light pruning).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice