Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What could have been the matter!?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lifeizsweet, Jul 7, 2009.

1. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Bramble has been sat in the garden this evening and was laying on the grass in the rain when suddenly he just started howling and howling but it sounded very distressed. I went to see him and he walked in the conservatory still howling so i picked him up and cuddled him, he stopped, me and OH have checked his mouth, feet, body and face, and can't see any signs of injury, he's not limping either.

What could have been the matter? He was very shakey and sat on my lap for a bout 15 mins and is now back to playing with his toys...

Am I being over protective?

2. Was there thunder or lightening? Dogs can be sensitivre to this! I am assuming of course that he has no injury or illness whatsoever
    regards
    DT

3. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I did think that,but there was not thunder or lightening that i saw or heard at least. And he's fit and healthy, he got a clean bill of health from the vet on wednesday.

I assume something must have spooked him?

4. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

As long as he isn't injured anywhere, my pup sometimes whinges or cries when he is itching his ears. (we have had them checked at the vets and they are clean, the vet thinks it is al related to teething!! Bless)

We have had a couple of thunder storms this afternoon and evening and even though it doesn't affect my dogs i know some can be very sensitive to the thunder!!??

I would try not to make too much fuss if he does it again and you know it is a noise sensitive issue as you may 'back up' the fact that there is something to fear. Just try to ignore him if he does it again and not respond to him then he will also learn to be chilled around the noises! (if that is what it was, i am only guessing)

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i think dogs are really sensitive to thunder he might have heared it from far away. Or maybe hes hear another dog howling and is answering back :)

6. rona

rona Guest

We saw a flash of fork lightening today and it stopped my dog in his tracks for a while, there was no thunder to be heard though.

7. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

perhaps a bee sting .... :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice