Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What computer do you all use?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jazzy, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Just wondering what computer everyone uses and what you think of them. Are there any make's that you would never buy again? I had a Packard Bell Desktop but I've had quite a lot of trouble with it lately and now it even refuses to come on so I'm getting another. I'm on a lap top now but I really prefer a desktop.:) The Packard Bell one is around five years old though and been used nearly all day every day so it has been good value for money. We need one now that plays the Sims 3 though as my daughter is getting into the Sims.:rolleyes:

2. kath123

kath123 Guest

I use a toshiba Laptop, its great to have a laptop instead of a computer desk etc. xx

3. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Ive got a HP 6735s Laptop....and i love it and would definitely buy one again. :D

4. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I'm a Mac girl :wink5:
    I have a lovely white Emac (named Sirius - you can name Macs!) that I've had for a few weeks, 2nd hand refurbished and runs like a dream.
    Plus my now-redundant old blue Imac (name Temeraire). And at the back of the cupboard my beloved old Powermac that served me well for over 8 years and was 11 years old when it died.

5. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Me, mum and dad all have Toshiba laptops. They copied me because I was first to get one. I actually got an HP to begin with and the bit the charger goes in went on fire :eek: So decided to get a Toshiba instead. My other half broke laptop is an Advent. When we had desk tops we always had Packardbell. Never had a problem :D

6. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

We used to have a toshiba laptop but it's crap and only lasted 2 years before it started to break down :(

We went out and bought a compaq laptop and so far it's broke twice! The first time it had an over heating problem but we had that fixed within the warrenty. And now there's a problem with vista. More repairs needed! :mad:

We might wait for windows 7 to come out before repairing it. We've been told that vista has had a never ending amount of problems with it and that's why they're rushing to get windows 7 out.

7. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I have only ever bought and used Sony Vaio laptops. They are like little workhorses. My newest one is only 6 months old so can't make any real comparisons yet. The last one I had lasted for 5 very good years.

I have heard nothing but bad things about Acer laptops. They're a quick fix but apparently if you want your laptop for anything over a year it's best stay well away.

Our desktops have always been Dell. Oh wants to move to Mac but unfortunately some of the programmes we need to access remotely for work purposes aren't supported until 2010.

OH has a Mac Air laptop. It's lighter than a pad of A4 paper. So far she has never had any issues with it and it's perfect for travelling.

8. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

We have a Compaq desktop PC and my mum has a Compaq laptop, they are part of HP, I like them lol.
    x

9. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Desktops ya cannay beat em in my mind :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

I need a new one, and had thought about getting one of these "All in One", computers, but then thought well if anything went wrong with it, it all has to go back lol.

Not quite sure what i feel about laptops either, as ive never had one!

As for brand names, im sure there isnt much in them these days, as they all do the same job, and some of the less popular brands actually look better!

I think its all down to personal taste i am beginning to see lol :smilewinkgrin:

10. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

I use a laptop...it plays the Sims 3 gladly, (but when I got it I only used Sims 2) since I got it last May...it does all things I need it to do, it's not modified in any way. Built-in webcam and microphone which is good for video calls on Skype to family. It's broken once but back from the dead and I love it more than ever :smilewinkgrin:

This is my beloved laptop which I couldn't live without!
    [​IMG]
    My Acer Travelmate 5720 of last year. It's more sleek and sheen (the new one) as my grandma owns the newer version of the Travelmate but mine is better obviously!

11. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I started out with an Acer laptop but it didnt like red wine:eek: and stopped working lol then I had a Packard bell for 4 yrs and it never let me down, so now I have a later Packard bell with 17inch screen, more like a bodytop! than a laptop :) tis good tho.

12. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Yer, i have a toshiba laptop aswell! :D

13. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I can honestly tell you, I don't know :eek: It's new and it works, the other one conked out and hubby got his tech boys in work to get me a new one. It's got a bigger screen 17inch, oh and the box thingy is black if that helps. It's not a lap one, hubby has one of those for work though.

Not good at this computer lark, took me all day to get the photos from the camera to the 'puter and it still not right *sigh* although I now have all the videos that I have ever taken with my digital camcorder going back to April 2006, I think that is the 'puter's doing rather than me and the camera :eek:

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I use a toshiba satellite laptop and the OH uses a HP pavilion laptop

I did have an E Machines computer when I was living with my mother but it was so crap

15. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Both laptops sound very technical and good looking :001_tt2:

16. Baby Bordie

Same as me a satellite L300-19Y 15.4" Basic all rounder!

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Mine is the L300- 1AQ lol

[​IMG]

18. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We have 2 desktop pc's but neither are used. OH and my son have E-stystem laptops I have an Acer but it died just before the warrenty ran out . They repaired it but then 4 months later it went again exactly the same thing again. They only garentee new parts for 3 months so will not repair it. My sons mate has looked at it and to replace the motherboard it is going to cost about£170. I would never have an Acer again my friend had 1 and the same thing happened to that and someone else I know had 1 and again the same thing has happened to that too.

My son has an old HP laptop it has gone to have a new keyboard on it and when it comes back I'm going to have that. Its going to cost me £25 to have it done:D

19. Baby Bordie

Lol, mine is identicle! SNAP!

20. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Oh the one I'm on now is a Toshiba one. Toshiba Equium or something.:confused: It's quite old though now I think but not been used much cos we just use it as a spare.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice