UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
Flake has had a snow kitten in her new litter and i thought it would be a seal lynx like her but iv read that the seal lynx are born completely white, whereas this kitten has creamy spots allready, so what colour is this kitten?:confused:

Iv attached a picture for you to look at
Thanks for your replys in advance :)
xxx

Attachments

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
As far as I am aware (and I'm sure others will correct me) seal is dark brown and lynx is US speak for tabby. It is cats that are points that are born white like Birmans and Siamese etc. I don't know the official terms for bengals but I expect this little girl is a snow spotted. TB do you know?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hiya
Flake has had a snow kitten in her new litter and i thought it would be a seal lynx like her but iv read that the seal lynx are born completely white, whereas this kitten has creamy spots allready, so what colour is this kitten?:confused:

Iv attached a picture for you to look at
Thanks for your replys in advance :)
xxx
Blue eyed snows ( Seal lynx ) are not always born pure white my Crystal was born with her spots in full glory if it had not of been a blue eyed snow to blue eyed snow mating we would have put money on her being an AOC snow.

The best way to tell is when they open their eyes red eyes blue eyed snow blue eyes a seal sepia or seal mink x

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
Blue eyed snows ( Seal lynx ) are not always born pure white my Crystal was born with her spots in full glory if it had not of been a blue eyed snow to blue eyed snow mating we would have put money on her being an AOC snow.

The best way to tell is when they open their eyes red eyes blue eyed snow blue eyes a seal sepia or seal mink x
Sounds like all the names are different to what I know - ignore me and go with those that know cos they breed bengals.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks for your reply
So when its eyes open and if they are blue I register it just as a blue eyed snow spotted?

·
Registered
5 Posts
its a mink ..
snow spotted kittens ARE born white and dvelop their points first..
nose leather goes brown then tailanfd tips of the ears . tail darkens and finally the get there spots which darken as the grow,..

Minks on the other hand have a slightly creamer coat and are born complete with spots whhich go a fawn to light brown colour.

would attach photos but don't know how to on this site.
congratulations on the litter.

all the best
Lesley

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds like all the names are different to what I know - ignore me and go with those that know cos they breed bengals.
Sorry Spid seal lynx and seal mink and seal sepia is the TICA colours for a snow. in the GCCF they are classed as Blue eyed snows or Any other colour snows AOC normally they have green eyes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
its a mink ..
snow spotted kittens ARE born white and dvelop their points first..
nose leather goes brown then tailanfd tips of the ears . tail darkens and finally the get there spots which darken as the grow,..

Minks on the other hand have a slightly creamer coat and are born complete with spots whhich go a fawn to light brown colour.

would attach photos but don't know how to on this site.
congratulations on the litter.

all the best
Lesley
Lesley I am sorry but you are wrong Blue eyed snows are normally born pure white but not always the case as you can see in the picture below 2 kittens both are blue eye'd snows they are from a blue eyed snow to blue eyed snow mating.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
right iv looked on a few websites and
seal minx have an off white background,
seal lynx have a deffinate white background and are mainly born white, with their markings developing and getting darker as they get older and
seal sepia have very dark markings darker then the minx and lynx,
having read this i would say my kitten is a seal minx but mum is a seal lynx so is this possible? lol I dont want to be guessing and getting it wrong.
Thankyou every one for your replys
x

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.