Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What colour is my cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by congenialhen, Sep 16, 2013.

1. congenialhen

congenialhen PetForums Junior

His majesty is fine, just a standard, but very handsome tabby, but she can't seem to make up her mind.
    when we first went to see them, she was grey, but now she's 14 weeks and is coming out ginger in places! i know they can change colour over the first year, but am i interested to hear opinions on whether she'll be grey, ginger or just patchy. (not that it hugely matters, i'll love her anyway!)

Attached Files:

2. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

I cant help at all with what colour she will be sorry, but i just wanted to say her markings are beautiful, id love to see a picture of her (apologies if there are any elsewhere on the forum- ive not seen them)

3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Blue tortie-tabby. If you look at her feet you may well find a mix of pink & slate blue pads. Very pretty!

4. congenialhen

oh thanks for that!
    i've attached some photos of her, including one of her in her usual position of perched on a shoulder. she must think she's a parrot.
    i've never seen another cat with her colouring before so i wondered if she was rare or just a bit odd.
    her name is Poppy. i've slung one of her brother, Percy, in so he doesn't feel left out. they are both sitting on my lap and watching intently!

Attached Files:

5. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Thank goodness the last one isn't her - I looked at that and thought 'brown tabby'!

Blue tortie tabby is relatively unusual in moggies, but not ultra-rare.

They are both very sweet. Don't forget they both need neutering as soon as your vet will. If he insists on waiting until they are 6 months, ring round.

6. congenialhen

i'm having them done at the RSPCA locally because it's a 3rd of the price. i think they said 4 months, so in about 3/4 weeks. will be booking them in when they go for their second set of jabs next Monday. no unwanted pregnancies/fatherings here!

7. wind1

wind1 PetForums VIP

Beautiful kitty and a very handsome Percy too, both gorgeous

8. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

Oh theyre both beauties :001_tt1:

9. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

Yes OS is right.
    Pretty kitty.:)

10. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Yes looks like a blue tortie tabby (or torbie) and a brown tabby, just means (im guessing both parents are moggies?) that whoever mum mated, both of the girls parents carried blue, them mum was either a tortie or dad was red to her :)

torties my fav! the boy is yummy to!

11. congenialhen

Dad is a large ginger tabby and mum is tortie and white. good knowledge!

i luckily got to see them both. kittens are a result of acquiring a tom and not getting him neutered quickly enough, though he's been done now and she was getting mum done as soon as poss after the kittens were weaned.

12. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

lol :) was she a brown tortie and white? any tabby on her? A otherwise she cant produce or can the dad, a brown tabby!

Can neuter from 10weeks of age, How old are the parents?! No these type of litters shouldn't happen :( Mum can be neutered from 12weeks as they should NOT leave mum until 12-13weeks and at least be vacd!

#12 Taylorbaby, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  13. congenialhen

she must have had because 3 out of the 4 in the litter were brown tabby. one had ginger ears though. a very funny looking bunch.

i agree, those litters shouldn't happen. if it weren't for me taking two, she'd still have two girls left and i imagine they would have ended up in rescue. i wouldn't be without my two now, mind you, but i know what you mean.

i'm booking my two in for the snip ASAP :)

14. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

that would have been a tortie to, not a odd looking litter, has those myself!
    What some people don't get it, a mum cat will mate loads of cats if let outside so dad to the litter could be more than 1! Hence the question! Glad you are having them done! :thumbup1:

15. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Poppy and Percy are gorgeous :001_wub: :001_wub:

Love their names :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice