Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what colour could kittens be

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by maria72, Mar 28, 2017.

1. maria72

maria72 PetForums Newbie

Mum is silver tipped dad is seal colour point

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Do you mean colour or pattern? Unless both parents are carrying different colours like chocolate or cinnamon all offspring will be black. There will be some silvers and, as far as pattern is concerned, if the dam is pure for tabby all the kittens will be tabby. If she carries non-agouti some could be self black or smoke and if she also carries colourpoint you could have seal tabby and self seal points (not forgetting silver in those colourpoint colours.) I have to say it is not a mating that would ever have appealed to me but my breeds do not recognise silver pointed cats. If both cats carry dilute you could also have blue in all the patterns.

3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

There really is no good idea I can think of to mate those two colours regardless of breed. QOTN has given you the possibilities above.

we love bsh's and QOTN like this.
  4. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

The problem with such a mating is that silver can be tricky to spot in a colour point. You have to know what your looking for really. A novice would struggle id imagine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice