Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What can stop handing Gibraltar back to Spain?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cheekyscrip, Mar 31, 2017.

1. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Gibraltar looks like the first victim of Brexit.
    We will be handed back to Spain.
    They have huge celebrations in media and at the frontier.

wp_ss_20170331_0006.png wp_ss_20170331_0008.png
    Talks will not include our Government.

So much for human rights like self- determination?

We are the sacrifice, easy to make if does not directly affect you and yours.

2. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I am so sorry @cheekyscrip you said this from the start. Please be assured that we didn't all want to jump of cliffs into the unknown, the smaller but still significant % of us were listening to you and our friends. The implications were always huge and frankly if anyone thought that it would be so simple that Britain was so important (with apologies to Scotland for dragging them into this) we could just turn up and say we wanted, they are stupid.

3. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

I can see why you worry @cheekyscrip but remember this is the very early stages of negotiations. We don't know the uks response yet.

Hopefully with the combined help of the local Gibraltar government and national governments you can get the deal you want out of all this.

Don't lose hope yet! Still very very early days!

4. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

Just spotted this thread & although I've posted something on the EU thread I couldn't pass this one by without posting. I am so sorry for you, for your family, for all the citizens of the rock & for the apes & the wildlife. I have heard that brexit can be revoked & people are fighting tooth & nail to stop this train wreck. I hope hard liners will wake up to the disaster brexit now quite clearly is & the nightmare you're living in will be over. Huge hugs from me & mine xx

5. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

The apes Noush'?o_O

It was the bleedin' apes that cause all this mess!:Wacky

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

That is so true.

Apes like that lying, bleeding lard arse on the left!

upload_2017-3-31_19-11-35.png

7. Zaros

Lard arse...:Hilarious

That's his one and only 'Morrell';)

Morrell' That's a play on words Noush' :Smuggrin

cheekyscrip and noushka05 like this.
  8. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

That's hardly fair on the Apes.:)

noushka05, KittenKong and cheekyscrip like this.
  9. cheekyscrip

Funny side in a way...Garfield was to get his new, fantastic cat tree tomorrow, but we will not dare to cross...
    On our GBZ number plates. Must go big , big shopping to store up some cans etc...supplies will be disrupted for sure.

leashedForLife likes this.
  10. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Can you explain what happens to you if you have GBZ number plates, scrippy? Most people will have no idea what you go through on a regular basis :(

cheekyscrip likes this.
  11. cheekyscrip

Cars get keyed, sprayed, tyres slashed, even pushed off the road or burned.
    As OH commented " We should have not got the new car".

Truly. New car is a magnet for fascist minded vandals.

I remember the case of a mum I know, she was taking her special needs child to school. Spanish men saw she was in a car alone and pushed into her car with a rusty van. She had to stop. Too shaken to continue.

My old car was scratched when left at the parking. Possibly keyed. We also had wheels's screws taken off and wheel fell off while OH was driving. Nearly crashing into another, Spanish car.

My brother-in-law had his car sprayed in red and yellow on paid parking. Security and Guardia Civiles were laughing.
    Cars are sometimes stopped and fined for no reason or driving license not " recognised" and car towed away.

leashedForLife likes this.
  12. Zaros

So I guess a dash cam is out of the question Scrippy.

I do and can sympathise with you entirely. You should have seen what similar like minded retards did to MrsZee's brand new car two weeks after it was driven out of the showroom.

Deluxe White Pearl with blue varnish thrown across the rear passenger door, quarter panel and tailgate.

Luckily it was a chilly night when the attackers struck and so the varnish hadn't quite set. A couple of hours of loving care and attention, soon restored the paintwork back to its former glory.

And now the 845t4rds know I take the law inrto my own hands, they think twice about their nocturnal habits and mischief. :Smuggrin

noushka05 and cheekyscrip like this.
  13. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

This dreadful situation dismissed by many as, "Scaremongering" could have been prevented which makes it all the worse.

They can't honestly believe the EU will be on the side of the UK, or UK matters.

They left !

The EU must put the interests of its own members first. When the UK was a member the situation was ideal, like NI and the ROI.

All separate identities under the umbrella of one, the EU.

Put it another way, if you left the AA, RAC or other car breakdown service would you still expect them to come out and fix your car if it broke down?

14. Zaros

I've just heard on the radio that BJ is going to stand Gibraltar's corner? o_O

Fight the good fight and all that.....:Punch

I think I'd be a bit wary if I was Gibraltar, I don't think BJ looks fit enough to be standing for himself let alone anyone else.

15. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

Rather a shame Micheal Gove isn't still around for him and BJ to continue their Laurel and Hardy double act.

It's no longer funny though.....

noushka05 likes this.
  16. cheekyscrip

The dreadful situation is that we all our guilt is that in 1713 in Utrecht Spain and others swapped colonies and Gibraltar was given to Britain in perpetuity.

So where is the claim?

But will British actually stand for the Rock and hurt Spain back?
    By foregoing holidays there or buying Spanish products?

We do not need BJ or clumsyTM , but ordinary folk to support us.

17. Zaros

Spain already has 40% unemployment and if Brit tourists boycott Spain as a holiday destination that figure will no doubt rise quite dramatically. Would Brits dare? Would Spain dare to gamble?

80l0X to Benidorm!

noushka05 and cheekyscrip like this.
  18. Zaros

:Sorry

cheekyscrip likes this.
  19. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

Well, that would be good for the Spanish Nationalists who believe the Brits have taken over Benidorm and have taken their jobs.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Of course if the UK becomes excluded from the common flight area holidays to places like Spain could be prohibitively expensive to all but the very rich anyway. That's without the complications of visas being required and longer waits at airports.....

Naturally the UK papers will lead an anti Spanish campaign their readers will follow like sheep as per usual.

Was voting leave really worth all this?

20. Odin_cat

Odin_cat PetForums Member

I don't think the UK would be well served by making threats. The unemployment rate in Spain is actually now under 20% and that doesn't include all the people who work cash in hand.

As KittyKong says, many would be glad if British tourists stopped coming- they would save on policing costs!

From what I've gathered, normal Spanish people think that colonies have no place in the modern world and they do see Gibraltar as a colony. But they don't really care if Spain takes it back, they are more interested in the fate of their friends who are in the UK.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice