Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What can I do? Missing cat LE11

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Cats' started by Sammiii10006, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Sammiii10006

Sammiii10006 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I don't know if anyone can suggest what I can do but I'm at my wits end,

My cat went missing just over a month ago and we've looked everywhere and done all the normal things you do. At the time of him going missing we also posted on the local spotted page on Facebook. Yesterday someone basically responded with "he lives with us on x street" I've replied to that post numerous times and tried messaging them with no luck. Now the area is well known as being not a good place to go so whilst I am seriously considering going there and knocking on doors I am also quite scared to.

The thing is I don't know if it's genuine, if it even is my cat and another concern is they have a dog from what I've seen on their Facebook profile and my cat wouldn't be living in harmony with a dog. I spoke to the police and there advice was to knock on doors

2. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I know a few people who have advertised that their cat was missing and had weird phone calls. It may be someone just trying to wind you up, happy in the knowledge that you will be upset not getting a response. Or, as you hope, it could be genuine. I would not go there alone (you don't sound as if you would anyway) even if the police advised you to knock on doors. ; might it be worth putting up several ''missing cat'' posters in their area with a photo or two of him... asking if this cat has recently appeared in the street? Genuine people do respond to posters...my old Lottie who was quite senile ended up in a charity shop being pampered and spoilt by a lot of kindly ladies! They read the flyer I had put thro' their letterbox and I managed to get her back.
    Good luck.

3. Sammiii10006

Sammiii10006 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your reply, I will do that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice