What business could merge into a groomers

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by Laurence west, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Laurence west

Laurence west PetForums Newbie

I am looking to opening a groomers. The shop is a decent size and I don't really need it all. So if was to sub let half the shop what could it be used for that would work or maybe be beneficial to each other? It's s tough one.
    My first post. Thanks

2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum PetForums VIP

Pet supplies ?

3. Laurence west

Was thinking that someone else could do that would lower my out goings. But I know what your saying. Its like could you do a nail bar. You get groomed while you dog does lol

4. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Will each premises have separate entrances ? If so it doesn't really matter though the other business would benefit from spur of the moment purchases or from customers wanting to wait while their dogs are pampered.

So things like a hairdresser, nail salon, massage or pampering place, a coffee shop, card and gift shop, pet supplies, a cake shop perhaps ? If I was taking my dog to a groomers the coffee shop with a nice piece of cake would be perfect whilst I wait :)

5. Laurence west

Yes unfortunately same entrance. Some good suggestions. Thing with coffe shop would be all the hygie9to it with the animals. But a card shop sounds interesting. Small. People buying a card won't might if a cute dogs looking at them lol

6. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I think there are rules that a food prep area has to be separated by door(s) but the area where people are sitting doesn't have to be dog free so an inner door and said walls could be easily set up.

Re the gift shop there could be lots of animal themed items and gifts / Nick nacks

7. vee89

vee89 PetForums Newbie

I have seen a groomers in aus that is a dog friendly coffee shop anf groomers. I personally think the idea sounds unhygienic but i suppose it depends on wheres what.

8. Hardwick Hounds

Hardwick Hounds PetForums Senior

Our salon is completely open and when we've had products on display theyve been coated in hair after one groom. So when we moved into a larger cabin we opened a self service salon. We put in a stud wall so it can be closed off. We toyed with either that or doggy day care but it wasn't quite big enough to make day care profitable for us.