Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What breed?

Discussion in 'Cat Photo Galleries' started by Mr Gizmo, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

The last couple of evenings we have had this little character turning up in our garden.
    Unfortunately he/she is a little scared and I haven't managed to befriend him/her yet and he/she keeps running off.
    What I would like to know is, is he/she a Bengal?

Attached Files:

2. tordis

tordis PetForums Senior

She/he has lovely Bengal markings, but without papers, it's hard to tell - it might just be a beautiful DSH.

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I would say yes definitely! So gorgeous!!

4. Mr Gizmo

I’m trying very patiently to build up his trust so I can get a better photo.
    The best I’ve managed so far is about 40 foot from him, I don’t think there is anything wrong with him because he can’t half shift and climb. :D
    Your right as well he has stunning markings.

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww how gorgeous, does look like a bengal.:)

6. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Certainly not your normal tabby. I think closer pictures are needed - plus a Bengal owner to confirm/ deny.

7. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Yep - that's a Bengal all right!

No other breed looks quite the same in shape, rich colouring and pattern - Bengal crosses don't tend to inherit the colour or markings.

I wouldn't encourage "her" (I think it may be a girl) - they can be real tyrants to other cats and if you have other cats, they won't like it one bit, cos you don't mess with a Bengal.

Next door used to have a Bengal cross and he was horrible - went into everyone else's houses, beat up their cats and bit my neighbour when he found the cat sleeping on his bed. He also came into my house and screamed at my dog. This cat also used to sit outside my neighbour's back door and when his cats tried to leave the house, the little so-and-so used to punch the cat flap right into their faces. We nicknamed him "Kitler" cos he was so evil and intent on invading everywhere! :lol:

8. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

i would say that if that is a bengal then if it isnt a stray then someone needs shooting letting a bengal out

9. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

At first I thought it was an Ocicat, but nope, itsa Bengal alright :thumbup: x

10. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

could it not be a bronze Egyptian mau .... if its not its a Bengal .... defiantly looks like a pedigree

11. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Defo Bengal :thumbup: and a stunner too!!

12. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Bengal - Maus have a different head shape and are never that rich rufous colour.

13. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

my 1st thought was bengal, but I knew that maus where spotted too some better then others. Its a lovely cat, I hope he can be caught soon, someone maybe worried where he is. could the OP not ring the CPL and ask for a cat trap? incase its someones breeding queen thats got out.

14. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Might not be lost, just enjoying its free spirit. I walked home from a nightclub with friends a year or so ago and was astonished to see a Bengal girl sitting on the front steps of a University building! She had a collar on, nervous at first but I got her attention & she was very happy lie upside down in my arms when I picked her up. A worry of course as anyone could have nabbed her, BUT it was 3am.... and I speak pretty fluent Cat ;)

15. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Pretty sure that it is a bengal :)

Dont know who would let it out though!! :eek:

16. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

You'd have to be pretty careless to let it wonder outside!

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's not careless because afterall a bengal is still a cat ;) Perhaps it escaped or the OP lives in a safe area?

It's not something I would do but I've seen a few pedigrees out and about where I live.

18. Mr Gizmo

I live at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac and there are quite a few cats that invade our garden (its very cat friendly with long grass and a good climbing tree).
    What I will do this weekend is see if there are any posters anywhere and have a look in local shops to see if anyone has reported him missing.
    He won't be able to upset our Candy as she is agoraphobic and flatly refuses to go outside.
    If I manage to see him this weekend I will try and get a better photo for ID purposes.
    He does seem in very good condition though.

19. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

someone i know has a bengal, they have had it afew years and that goes out ,you often see it walking about outside.:)

20. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Well, I wouldn't say careless, but somebody who can 'afford' to have their precious cats outside:001_cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice