Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

WHAT BREED IS MY BUNNY

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Fayerussellxxx, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Fayerussellxxx

Fayerussellxxx PetForums Newbie

Hi All,

I am new to all this and recently brought a beautiful little bunny!! However I am trying to get pet insurance and they are enquiring what breed he is... I have looked online and he seems to be a Lop but I’m not sure what one?
    Please help me! Thank you xx

Attached Files:

2. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Moved to Small Furries.

Fayerussellxxx and lorilu like this.
  3. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

Very cute bun.

How old is he and do you know his weight? He's not the right shape for a traditional Mini (or Holland) Lop and ears look too long to be a Dwarf Lop. The buns with that length ears are often French Lops, and they get quite large!! Where did you get him from?

4. Fayerussellxxx

Hi,

Thank you!!

I brought him from Pets at Home on Sunday and they didn’t really give me much information just that he around 6 months! I have no clue how much he weighs as he won’t let me pick him up yet!

I have uploaded a clearer picture as it might be easier to see! X

Attached Files:

5. bunnygeek

Ah, most likely a Dwarf Lop mix then. A cute little guy!

How are you keeping him? PAH advice can be hit and miss. Were you given neuter and vaccination vouchers?

6. Fayerussellxxx

When I brought him the man just gave me a 10% discount card nothing else! I’m beyond happy with him he is unreal but feel like PAH just passed him over with no information nothing which has kind of left me in the dark.. this is my first time owning a rabbit so I’m just over thinking everything haha!!

He never come out the cage on the Sunday but now loves being out and running around however he is just so timid, even moving to quick he runs off and panics, I gave him some treats today and he took them off my hand but that’s about as close as I have got! Hopefully he gets more comfortable as the weeks go on!
    I’m just constantly concerned he isn’t happy but looking on the web he is doing everything a happy bunny does X

7. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

He is cute! I;m glad he is coming round. He just needs a bit of time.

Fayerussellxxx likes this.
  8. Fayerussellxxx

Ah thank you!! X

kimthecat likes this.
  9. bunnygeek

It would be worth hitting them up as he should have come with some kind of vaccination or neutering vouchers I think? He'll definitely need vaccinating asap. The Rabbit Welfare Association have a list of rabbit-savvy vets. Would also be worth getting his sex double checked (unless he has obvious plums!!), PAH are notorious for getting that wrong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice