What breed are the puppies going to be

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Paul Rowe, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Paul Rowe

Paul Rowe PetForums Newbie

Hello guys I'm was just after some information on what breed my dog lulu's puppies will be. Lulu is a jug and my other dog is a pomsky. Ive tried to find information on the internet but had no luck. Has anyone come across this mix before
    Thanks

2. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Mutts. The puppies will be mutts.

Torin., alphaomega, PickleRoo and 5 others like this.
  3. Paul Rowe

Lol both dogs are mutts anyway lol but there my mutts. Lulu is due in a week

4. SingingWhippet

SingingWhippet PetForums VIP

With that mixture (a relatively large breed being involved plus the bitch being a cross of a breed inclined to suffer whelping difficulties) I would make sure you familiarise yourself with the signs of dystocia. Have you discussed with your vet the potential for a c section being necessary?

ouesi and Sairy like this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

total mongrels. Why would you think they will be a breed. With all those diverse breeds mixed up they are going to be rather erm unusual

PickleRoo and ouesi like this.
  6. Paul Rowe

I have discussed c section yes. I have the out of hours vets number plus gone over what signs to look for. I tried to get lulu the pug spaded 3 times. But she came on heat early then had a phantom pregnancie then had an early heat again.

7. Paul Rowe

I just wanted to find more out about what they will be like. And havent found nothing on the internet about this type of cross. The vet didn' even know. She just say they could look like they were from different litters

8. SingingWhippet

SingingWhippet PetForums VIP

Given they’re a mixture of four very different breeds there could indeed be a lot of variety in how the pups end up looking.

For future reference, as it sounds like this was an accidental mating, there is an injection available which is effectively a “morning after pill” for dogs which can be used up to day 45 of pregnancy. An emergency spay is also an option if a bitch has been caught.

9. Paul Rowe

It was accident. Which makes me sound very irresponsible which it was. But I'd moved out of my now ex's home. And she was having my dog the pomky till I got a place I could have him. And this happened. She's having nout to do with it she said so I'm trying my best to get up to speed on exactly what' going to happen and what I need to do. I will make sure they all go to good homes and are cared for

10. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

There really is no way of predicting how these pups will look.

Really, they're going to be mongrels and it's anyone's guess.

Do be on the ball once your bitch goes into labour. The Husky in the mix could cause some real problems, as could the Pug.

ouesi likes this.
  11. Paul Rowe

I will, I've been watching videos on YouTube all night on dogs giving birth. If I'm not sure of anything on the night I'm just calling the vets. I love both dogs very much. I'm not bothered what it cost long as she's ok.

SpicyBulldog likes this.
  12. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Well, when she goes into labour, we will help where we can.

If you don't already have the Book of the Bitch, it's well worth buying. It really covers all from mating to weaning.

Has your bitch been wormed?

13. Paul Rowe

I'll get it. Both dogs are up to ate with everything. Although she' due flee stuff but the vets said that can wait a week. I' nervous and excited just don't want to get anything wrong even tho the vet said lulu will be doing most of it lol. Ill be putting this thing on and probably be asking you guys lots of questions lol