Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marcia, Jul 19, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

No... I suppose not, but for me it was a normal life. I never knew why my father was on the sex offenders list until a few years ago. It's been one thing after another with my family, you really couldn't make my life up! :blushing:

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Dont know thats why i asked, nothing has been on social service are pretty much ignoring it and dont think He's Done anything "wrong" and he was being curious the only thing i have done is stopped this children from being anywhere near my 4yr old thats the only power i have :(

I totally agree with both of you but this is happening social services have wiped thier hands with him although this case is meant to be a medium they havnt been in contact since the 12th june, This 9yr old is very nearly 10 if we had found out what was going on a few months down the line he couldve gone to court e.t.c but instead they wash thier hands I wonder how many adults have done things as children and been ignored and hence go on to be sex offenders when they are classed as adults

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Social services oo what a laugh! I've had a lot of experience with these people and half of them aren't worth the papers their degrees are printed on :cursing::cursing:

4. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I would keep on to social sevices. I know they're not much good, but I don't know what else to sugest. Maybe writing to a paper or something, naming no names of course. Sometimes it takes something serious to be in the papers before anyone wants to know!

I agree that alot of people probably did things when they were children, and without punishment grew to do worse things. Children should be punished for there crimes too, although I do understand that this will have to be done in a completley different way, and I think with alot of councelling too.

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i didnt have much of thought of them before But seeing as they seem to think its ok for My son to be around someone who has done some horrible things to him I now know they are useless and they really cant be bothered with anything all because he was curious i wont go into detail but it wasnt him be curious

Thankfully my son is very laid back and has taken it all in his stride but hes only just turned 5yr old and hes been through things he shouldnt have to, no offer of anything for him either

I used to think all sex offenders should have it cut off e.t.c but since this its made me wonder how many services have failed these people as children/young adults and now the victims are paying the price for there failures

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice