Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marcia, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

Totally agree.... But it wont stop them!!

2. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I would love to see something like this happen to child molesters, but doubt it ever would. I think they should stay locked away forever. They should never be let out. If they are sick enough to do something to a child in the first place then they will never be "safe" for release.

Rapists is a bit different. Sometimes it's hard to know if they're guilty or not. Any women can say "he raped me" but it is very hard to prove either way, unless it was a violent attack, or if the women gets to the police station for test straight away, which they rarely do. Some women have been known to say this just to get revenge on men, for one thing or another, a child is less likley to make up such a story, or even an adult that says they were abused as a child as it's likley to have affected there whole lives.

3. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Children are just as likely to lie as adults. This is why teachers have to be very careful. Teachers are no longer allowed to hug small children who may be crying because they are sad or because they may have fallen over. There have been reports of children accusing members of staff of 'doing nasty things' to them which were completely untrue.
    But once a person has been labeled a paedo, there's no during turning back, even if it was proven that it wasn't true. You'll have that branded on you for life.
    In this day and age, proving that a man has raped a woman is much easier than it was 10-20 years ago. They can test for bodily fluids in the place where the event apparently took place, they also take fluid samples directly from the people in question and they will check for hairs/fibres.

4. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

Having worked with children that have been abused ,there is no arguement that sex offenders could put forward to convince me that they deserve any consideration.
    On many occasions I have gone home with that child's pain still with me ,so what must they suffer day after day?
    Yes ,as someone else mention a lot is within the family ,but in my mind that is worse ,a total betrayal by a person supposed to love and care for that child .
    Why give human rights to someone who has stolen someone else's:mad:

5. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I totally agree.

6. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I know that some children lie, that is why I think it should always be kept quite when someone, espacially teachers etc, have been accused, untill it is proven. You are right that once some one has been accused then they have that label for life, even if they didn't do it and that is wrong.

Rape may be easier to prove, but it's still not 100%. And like I said, if the women (or man!) doesn't go to the police soon enough all the DNA evidence will be gone. Alot of the time it is one persons word against another.

7. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I agree 100% they do not deserve any consideration

8. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

well said oblada.

There are so many different levels of each crime it is too hard to be sure even with todays technology, what happened and how, unless there is photographic evidene.

Paedophiles for instance.. a 15 year old boy who had consensual sex with a 15 year old girl who'd been his girlfriend for say 3 years will be put on the register.. does he deserve chemical castration? Does he even deserve to be put on the register? I think not.

chemical castration works on both men and women by inhibiting libido, sexual arousal and other such reactions. Once they stop taking it there are no residual effects (known to date).

also some % of those that carry out the crimes had it done to them, and have psychological problems because of this. While it is extremely unfair (for lack of a better word) for the victim, it is often very unfair for the assailant in cases such as this.

it is not a problem that can be solved with one solution for all crimes.

1 person likes this.
  9. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I think all cases should be treated individually...for the most part Im talking about hard core peadoes who pray on young children and hardcore rapists who repeatedly offend - two 15yr olds having "consensual" sex is not the same as a man raping a 5year old child....it all has to dealt with appropriately I agree.

I agree also that there are some people who carry out these crimes because they have been abused themselves - again this should be treated as an individual case as there is a lot physcological barriers to go through, I think most of us are on about serial offenders who perform henious crimes.

10. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I agree Its also not adults who do the sexual abuse, how does someone feel about a 9 year boy abusing a 4yr old doing sexual things to him. surely at 9yrs old he doesnt deserve to have his bits cut off??

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

But is it equally as fair to let a paedophile into society without anyone knowing? :rolleyes:

If my dad/son etc. was a paedophile I certainly wouldn't be advertising it. My father is on the sex offenders list and hardly anyone knows that.

12. sammyben

sammyben Guest

And what about the families of the victim??? Do they deserve to have their loved ones raped, their childrens childhood ruined and sometimes their loved ones taken away from them???? And then have to go through life in the knowledge that the low life scum that done that....is out carrying on with life as normal as before (as happens in many cases these days cos or justice system is sh*t!!!) I think NOT!!!!

IMO....if a person is 100% guilty to have commited a crime (and each case dealt with individually, as someone said...a 15 yr old boy having sex with a 15 yr old girl is not a paedo), they should be sentenced to the death penalty. I am all for binging this back, but as I said the evidence MUST be 100%!

First things first though, I think Britain need to get a grip on their justice system and stop letting sicko murderers, rapists and paedos etc live the life of luxury in jails that WE are paying for!!!!

Rant over :D

13. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

We had a paedophile live across the road from us years back. I don't really remember it but I know he lived below my best friend at the time. We must have been about 4 or 5 and her brother was only a baby/toddler. We live really close to a school and a nursery. People found out where he lived and started throw bricks etc at his window and the police always ended coming out because it got so out of hand. I think the death penatly should be brought back if there is 100% proof and unless there is they should be locked up for life without all the luxuries you hear about them having in prision.

14. Bethany

Bethany Guest

While i agree rapists etc should be dealt with severly, i also agree with the comment above. Well said obladee. Beth

15. I don't know the in's and out's of chemical castration so cannot really pass comment! but seem to recall having this conversatin years ago! I am of the impression that such procedure can take the 'urge' away from the offender! but does this stop them, schooling, filming, prying on the vunurable still!!!
    Would be interested in knowing!
    regards
    DT

16. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

If a 9 year old is committing such acts then surely major alarm bells would be going off? That's very clear signals of something being very wrong that are being sent out.

If he doesn't deserve to have his bits cut off, then what would you recommend in this situation?

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Lots and lots of therapy for whatever is going on in his little head I think.

18. HighlandQuine

Yeah, I would agree. That's some major work needing done there.

19. Shrike_xX

Shrike_xX PetForums Newbie

I think that is the most important thing, when this is sorted out we won't need to resort to such drastic measures because men and women have been jailed for years for a crime they didnt committ so whose to say they won't get it wrong again and when your talking about permanent affects or even death its not such an easy decision.
    We all need to take more action into telling the government how we want things to be so we can improve the justice system and make life sentences mean life, make sex offences mean life and increase the number of years for violent offences and so much more but I'll leave it at that for now. Children are the most important thing here and I completely agree that its not good enough.

How about we send them to 3rd world countries and get them to build houses for people who have nothing? If they go to a massai tribe I'm not sure they'd last long anyway - they get up to some pretty dangerous stuff!!

20. HighlandQuine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice