Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marcia, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I wholeheartedly agree with castrating them and I know some of them are actually asking to be castrated because they can't help doing it and want that option removed. They shouldn't have any rights as far as I'm concerned.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Another vote for castrating them but I think the familys of the injured person need to be allowed to do the castrating if they choose to, I would use two bricks:D

3. claire

claire Guest

i also think its a good idea :) not enough tho, IMO id like people like that to face the death penalty

4. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I agree with doing this...although I also think for these sickos they should bring back the death penalty

5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I totally agree with you.

6. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

True but it would be a start :)

Every one of these sickos should be named, shamed and everyone should be aware of where they live :mad:

7. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

then stone em to death

8. Oblada

Oblada Guest

Thank you Turkeylad for realising that the issue is far from being as simple as people may think.

Also there is VERY RARELY a 100% proof of culpability (beyond reasonable doubt is not quite 100%) so just like the death penalty I am against such barbaric acts on the basis that it is too much risks to take that to risk inflicting it to an innocent person.

Rapes and peadophiles acts are various and of varying degrees of seriousness, often committed by persons knows to the victims, for very complex reasons - I am not excusing them, certainly not, but I cannot support the view that those individuals, regardless of the circumstances of the act, lose outright all their "human rights" - to behave like this with them would be no better than how they behave with others themselves; its just a barbaric circle and cannot lead to the type of society I wish to contribute in building..

xx

9. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Varying degrees of seriousness????? IMO EVERY sick act by a peado or rapist is serious - they do not deserve to have human rights - what about the victims rights!!! - what "human" rapes women and children and kills them???:confused:

10. Oblada

Oblada Guest

My point exactly - not every rapist or peodophile is a sicko murderer...rape is defined quite loosely in the legislation if you have a look and peodophilia also encompasses quite a broad array of acts.

11. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Whatever sexual act or intent towards a child especially deserves the most severe punishment possible. If it is proven, then sod the excuses or the human rights. There's no place on this planet for such sick individuals.

12. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Yeah ...but there are also a hell of a lot that do! Im afraid its this slack attitude that has enabled a lot of people to get away with these acts...how many times have we heard oh and this girl he raped and murdered is not the first time he has raped.. yes they may not all start out as murderers but a lot do and why should the victims have to suffer this? As for peodo's all acts are criminal are they not?

13. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

death penalty is the only way if not they would still have there hands

14. Oblada

Oblada Guest

No there arent a lot of sicko murderer rapists as a matter of fact, quite a few...actually if you spend some time in court or looking at court cases you can see the "variety"..the ones not described in the media of course...And you can also realise there is no "slack" attitude such as what the media is portraying.
    I think there is a problem with the media portrayal of the "evil" offender and the "innocent" victim (not saying victims deserve what happen to them far from it but just that there is a complex body of litterature on victimhood that is completely ignored by the media/lay representation of crime).. its just not as straightforward as that..and thats one reason why I will always be against attempts to (re) introduce barbaric methods of punishment into the criminal legislation.. the other reason is that "100% sure" does not or rarely exist in the criminal court.
    but then its only my opinion ;)

15. claire

claire Guest

i totally agree suze,

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Best idea anyone has ever had.

I'm speaking from my own personal experience. What party is it? I'd vote for them.

17. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Well said Suzy!

We cannot possibly understand how these victims feel and we should be thankful that we don't.
    As far as i'm concerned, as soon as a person even looks at a child in the wrong way, they have lost every human right that they were once entiitled to :mad:

So then Oblada, do you think that Fred and Rose West deserve human rights still? Afterall, they committed sick acts upon young women :mad:

18. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

*Gulps* I hate to say this, but it's the BNP that have said this.
    *Ducks for cover*

19. claire

claire Guest

I thought it was, i dont like the party but i definatly agree with this

20. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Yep its yours and im gonna stick with mine;) if there is no slack attitude how come a peodo can come out of prison after commiting a crime agains children and then go on to live a nice little life near children!! A child does not asked to be abused! so they are innocent!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice