Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marcia, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

A political party has said that if they win the election, one of their policies is to chemically castrate rapists and paedophiles.

In their words, "The rights of children are more important than the 'rights' of criminal perverts".

What's everyones opinions on this?

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sod chemical, cut the b*ggers off!

noushka05 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

I'm with Nonnie on this one, except i would take it a step futher aznd make it compulsory for them to wear them as earrings so everyone knows what these people are like!!

4. bird

bird PetForums VIP

My thoughts exactly

5. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I don't think they should do either, I'm all for the death penalty being brought back, thats another debate though!

6. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Agreed!!!!

7. SemolinaPilchard

SemolinaPilchard PetForums Member

I absolutely agree with chemical castration but it has to be a permanent solution, whatever penalty they come up with. These 'people' (and i use the term loosely) should never be able to commit their crime again.

I dont believe in the death penalty at all.....there's no way of knowing 100% that the right person has been caught from the outset and there's a high possibility of sentencing someone who has not committed 'that' crime to death, carrying it out then only to discover the error. I for one would not want to be on the jury having to make this decision, knowing my 'ya' or 'nay' controls this persons life....the burden of proof is needs to be a billion % and that isn't possible as yet because mistakes are still made, even though we have DNA testing etc.

8. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

When a criminal pervert chooses to rape/groom/ sexually abuse (the list goes on) someone then they lose their right to anything. Chemical castration is too good for them but as the other options are either illegal or no longer used (death penalty) then fine. Don't know how this will work for women though.

I don't think they should be allowed to be let out of jail as even with chemical castration they will find a way to be in contact or near to children. I am aware of one that has been let out and is staying in a home near to where one of the group's i oversea meets. He's been seen walking through school playground's but the police won't do anything until he has done something. Unbelievable!!!!:cursing::cursing:

9. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

If someone has committed a heinous crime I firmly believe that they have given up any humans rights. After all, to admit crimes such as the ones they have how can they then class themselves as human?

So yes chemical castration would be a good idea, how effective it would be is another matter. Sadly I cannot see it happening with this government or any other.

10. raggs

raggs PetForums VIP

As far as im concerned sex offenders have no place on this earth, they have committed the worst crime against the most vunerable . they can't be hanged for their crimes but i think they should be locked away for life . the law is far to soft on them and they release them and give them a new identity etc... i would certainly want to know if one was living near me. IMHO they are the scum of the earth............Chris.

11. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

I'm all for it aslong as there's definite proof they are guilty..

12. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I agree they should be cut off :mad: How sick and twisted can a person be to do such a thing to another human being let alone a child!
    As for the death penalty i dont agree with it. As for one you don't know if you have the right person, and two it is far better punishment to be stuck in a cell for the rest of your life, then being killed, and not deal with their sins anymore :mad:

13. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

My father always told me what it was like when he was conscipted to!! I better not say the place. He said they had the right idea as whatever crime you did the part of your body that was used was removed..alot like my comments..hehe..only joking :)))

14. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

c'mon that grudge must be getting pretty heavy to carry around now? :D

15. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

im with Nonnie all the way on this one!!:thumbup:

16. Savahl

Savahl Guest

hmmm i know the party in question and couldnt support them regardless of whether i agree with this or not...

But so long as there is absolute certainty of guilt then Im not sure chemical castration is a strong enough punishment. I personally believe there is a deeper reason for these crimes, and alot of the time its about power rather than the sexual aspect of the act...and the threat of having it whipped off them would be a much greater deterant ;)
    Although that still leaves the problem of female peadophiles...it would have to be a punishment of equal standing as for a man and im not sure how that would work!!

#16 Savahl, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
  17. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I decided not to state the name of the party because i didn't want any arguments :)

18. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

Whilst İ have little time for sex offenders it is not as simple as this thread suggests - Remember 65% of sex offenders are male family members 25% are female family members and only 10% are stranger offenders.

1 person likes this.
  19. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

they get my vote altho i would also prefer the death penalty :thumbup:

20. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Good idea.... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice