Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are your dogs quirky habbits???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ty-bo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

Ty's are just the run of the mill: wallowing in mud or stinky water whilst we are out and about (which he is an expert in locating!) yet refuses to set so much as a toe outside if it is even spitting :rolleyes:
    He also eats fox poo and sampled a snail shell the other day too

Lottie seems to have a footwear fettish and goes around the house collecting as many stray socks, shoes or slippers as she can find and puts them all in a pile behind the armchair like a magpie-she doesnt do anything with them really, an occassional nibble but thats as far as it goes.
    She has also taken to emptying the wash basket and stashing the treasures she collects from there. I spent 2 days looking for my favorite trousers and nagging at the wife for them only to then spot the little monkey taking a sock under the bed and there were my trousers!!!!! (along with several other household items!)
    She isnt bored I dont think-they have so many kongs, buster cubes and stuff we could open a pet shop with all the toys they have and they get rotated too.

Am I the only one with weird dogs :eek:ut: surely not!

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Candy loves poo and stinky water.

Sky hasn't really developed any, but when we're playing she doesn't growl she makes a sort of whine noise to tell you she's getting peed off - then she starts boxing you, and she likes to hide her face with her paws.

3. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Oh so many, where do i start!

Mine have OCD - they lick everything, thin air, carpet, floors we call them lizard tongue

They lick my feet obsessively, they love to get right between the toes. No point trying to stop them, one on each foot is only fair!!!

They eat grass like cows, they will go and graze - does them no harm except it can cause dangly poos (if you know what i mean!)

They have to put chews and biscuits onto a foot to eat....use it like a table!

:eek:ut:

4. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

Lol, thin air?!?!?!
    Lottie is a real licker too she wont leave me alone!!!! She licks hair too which has the same affect on her poo as grass does on yours :p then she wont keep still so I can help her out with it :eek: :p

5. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Bailey will wak round a puddle so he doesn't get his feet wet and yet plays in the sea everyday.

If he's done something naughty, like lifted something he shouldn't have, he comes to you to show you he's got it! LOL!

He's a licker as well, loves to lick my feet, poor soul! :D

6. rona

rona Guest

Refusing to drink :(

7. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Buster loves plastic bags especially black ones and no he doesn't play with them suffocation risk and everything we don't let him. Silas hates grass he won't walk on it without a lot of persuasion and lying on it is beyond cruel in his mind. Sophie will listen to children even over us and is always looking for them to play with.

8. star

star PetForums Newbie

My Weim absolutely loves feet he will lick them for ages but oddly he is not particularly a licky kind of dog he prefers to sniff you real close then sneeze delightfully snotty droplets at you.

My Dobe is another story she really relishes in stuffing as much of her bedding into her mouth as she can fit then kinda just sucks it like a giant dummy and falls asleep. She also falls asleep standing up in front of the fire which is quite amusing, even after toppling over a couple of times she still wont lie down in case a bit of heat misses her!

9. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Licking and jumping me wen im asleep if she need to go potty. :rolleyes:

10. Yorkshire mum

Yorkshire mum PetForums Junior

Mouthing the cats legs so it cant walk, biting their beds, the Vizslas.
    The French bulldog makes a big deal out of having a drink, has to lean right over to the other side and takes about 5 mins to drink.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice