Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are your dogs like..........???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by flufffluff39, May 25, 2010.

1. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

What do your dogs like to do at feed time??? My pug screams and runs around. My PugXshitszu boy jumps up and down like zebedee. My princess digs my legs and everyone else is calm lol :)

#1 flufffluff39, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Samba sits nicely in the pen, Willow sticks her head between my thigh and the kitchen cupboards.

I love my pupsters

3. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Bramble has food out all day so he just eats when he likes and never has to ask .

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Adam and Hannah wait quietly then sit for their supper. Heidi goes BOING, BOING, BOING!! and sits with major, major encouragement!:rolleyes:

5. Colliepoodle

Colliepoodle PetForums VIP

Moderately keen and waggy, but they don't go mad - most of the time.

However, on Sundays when we have a roast they know they will get the leftovers. On those days, they lie in their room behind the baby gate while we eat, with their noses through the bars, whining pathetically (they always go in their room while we eat, but usually don't make a peep), with the occasional "Whooooooo....oooooo" moan.

Oh yes, they know when it's Sunday :rolleyes:

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dave runs round in circles if I mention Dinner, then runs straight to his crate where he sits outside it with big strings of drool hanging out his mouth that fly off everywhere when he barks to ask for his dinner because he shakes his head at the same time! Lol

Dixie will often run back and forth on the mention of dinner, and if she is hungry, bows down and barks for it.
    Sometimes though she will just bugger off and not eat it, maybe once a week. Most mornings she doesnt want breakfast either but I only offer it to her because Dave has it.

If they are getting leftovers, or if I have bought a cooked chicken (I only eat the breast) they sit and wait next to me until I finish putting it in the dishes, Dixie will ''woo wooooo'' for hers and Dave is so exited his barks dont come out right.

7. flufffluff39

I could never leave food out for mine. It would be gone before it touches the floor lol.

8. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

He barely eats anything because he's such a busy dog, we tried to train him into getting used to breakfast and dinner, but he still wouldn't eat so we leave it down

In fact, he bit a hole in the middle of his bag of food last week when we where out (different flavour think the smell got to him) and we've just laid it on the floor like a grow bag and he's still not eaten any more than he would normally.

9. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

sailor knows when its feed time and as I open the cupboard door to get his food out, he tries to climb in the cupboard to be as close to his food as possible lol I say MOVE and he backs off, but stands watching, almost shaking in excitement, licking his lips etc ...

He will happily just stand and stare at the food as i fill his bowls.

then when it comes to puttiing the bowls down, I say STAY and he will back up intil his but bumps into a walll and then he sits down... shaking with excitement, tail wagging, licking his lips..... his like a coiled spring lol

then I leave the bowl on the floor, stand up and look at him... his just bursting to explode into some sort of feeding frenzy :lol:

then I say "ok", his running soo fast, his paws are just sliding all over the laminate flooring and he skids into the food bowls.... picks at the food, leaves it and goes off to do other doggy stuff and chews some random twigs instead :lol:

When he gets a turkey leg or pork shank tho... he stands much calmer, ears pinned back... drooling all over himself, does all the commands he knows, whether i ask him to or not... and he polishes it off... hiding the bone in the bushes or his bed, for later

#9 sailor, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  10. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Brekfast - Holly goes off at 6am with GR every 2 mins untill she is GRRRRRR & pulling the quilt off meanwhile at the top of the stairs Banjo is on his starting blocks whistling & huming so we give up & get up :rolleyes:

Standing clear of the stairs or it would be A&E job, get down to find Holly doing laps of the table still GRRing with the odd howl & Banjo in pole position at his step, we got him a raised food bowl but it was far to scarey so Holly has it.

Manage to get past the tornado in the back room & make it to the kitchen just in time for the tornado to rush past, body slam Banjo whilst doing a piroete back to her food stand, another bruise on my leg then it starts its like they have some sort of water feature implanted & it automatically goes onto flood :crazy:

Dish out breakfast, change water dish, mop up drool & head back to the stairs where I or OH always get overtaken by mad rush to get back to bed ARG!

& its near enough the same at tea time except if Holly is having a realy good nap Oh god forbid you cant go disturbing her sleep :rolleyes: :lol:

11. flufffluff39

I think I am lucky that my dogs love their food. My mum has a dog thats really fussy. I mean she only likes something once and thats it. Although I think they may be spoiling her on the sly :)

12. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Mine all act excited, following me about etc.

Once I get the bowls down Luna dives in, so does Candy and Sky will decide whether it's worth the effort :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice