Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are you watching?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by forgotten myth, Oct 21, 2015.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I love the Bob Ross programmes. Its on this week on BBC 4. its very sad he die at a comparatively young age.

Ive been watching Blood and Treasure on Sundays . It reminds me of Indiana Jones except it has two main characters and I love the way the woman kicks ass !

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

@Happy Paws2 the first series of the sinner was shown on bbc4 as well.. I don't think it's on I player.. I just looked as I knew it had also been on 'normal tv' too. Virgin media may have it somewhere I don't know.. You could be lucky.
    Obviously you won't to get to see the second 2 series, but it's worth looking at the first one to see what everyone is talking about!

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I've just checked on Virgin and they aren't showing it.

I check i-play, free view and virgin most days to see what's new, so you never know it might turn up.:)

Calvine and lullabydream like this.
  4. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Is anyone else watching Win the Wilderness about British couples competing for a homestead in Alaska?

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Yes, I watched it on the BBC iplayer a while ago. An amazing house & location, I can't believe what a fantastic home Duane & Rena created all by themselves.

#165 Cleo38, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    O2.0 likes this.
  6. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I'd love a documentary on Duane and Rena just them!

I'm not done yet, but am loving some of the American/pioneer attitude vs. the British :)

Cleo38 likes this.
  7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Defintely! They wete such an amazing couple. Where did they end uo moving to? I can't imagine how difficult ut would be to go from such isolation to even a very small town.

There is a programme on channel 5 where the presenter visits people all over the world who choose to live away from everyone else & all their stories are fascinating

O2.0 likes this.
  8. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I don't know, but I might have to look it up after I watch the show.
    I just watched a bit with the dark headed girl putting on mascara and curling her lashes! I had to laugh - seriously?!
    I really like the farmer couple and the young serviceman and his wife. Not liking the blogger couple at all, glad they went home!

Cleo38 likes this.
  9. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Yes, so weird! I felt as if some people didn't 'get it' even though they were there if that makes sense.

Edited: Just found this … https://www.thecinemaholic.com/duane-rena-ose/

O2.0 likes this.
  10. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Modern Family. We watched it patchily a few years ago and now are starting over from the beginning on Netflicks.

11. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I'm still going through Call the Midwife in order, I'm in season 5 edging up slowly to season 9 which came in May.

In between I watch DVDs from Netflix, currently deep in the middle of season 2 of This is US. I think this show is absolutely brilliant, the way it's done. I get two DVDs a month with my Netflix plan, so I always intend to stretch it out, but usually end up watching the whole disc (3 episodes) on a Sunday afternoon, then getting the second one and doing the same thing, then having a big expanse of noting until my next month. :D I love this show, whoever thought it up and made it work.

12. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I looked up some more, looks like Rena just passed away in April :(
    Finished the series, really enjoyed it and happy with who won. Though with the pandemic and immigration they're still not living there which makes me sad.

13. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Oh no, what a shame. I thought they mentioned health reasons for wanting to move, which was understandable as they were getting older. It must be such a change though, I wonder how her husband will cope without her.

Also sad that the couple who won (yes, I was pleased it was them) haven't been able to live there yet. I wonder if they will make it there eventually. Would be such a shame if the property was left as it is an amazing place.

kimthecat and O2.0 like this.
  14. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I watched the first two Talking Heads last night on BBC1. I kind of remember them from last time with the original performers. The second one with Sarah Lancashire was a bit creepy.

15. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Yes, I watched that, feels like a long time ago now. Think it was shown November / December time? The house was amazing.

O2.0 likes this.
  16. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Buffy the vampire slayer from season 1.

PawsOnMe likes this.
  17. rona

rona Still missing my boys

havoc and Boxer123 like this.
  18. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

I'm watching an old series of I'm a celebrity get me out of here. 2007, the year with Biggins and Janice Dickinson. It was so different back then, more drama and less bugs.

Also rewatching malcom in the middle, weird to see bryan cranston as the fun loving dad after Breaking Dad! Hes a great actor.

Boxer123 likes this.
  19. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

I stumbled across an eight parter called 'Upright' a few days ago and binged it. Think it was on Sky Atlantic which I must have through NowTV. I'm a Tim Minchin fan which is why I started watching it but I don't think you'd have to be.

rona likes this.
  20. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Can't get that :( Haven't got Sky

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice