Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are you watching?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by forgotten myth, Oct 21, 2015.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I wish they would show repeats of Shoestring . Loved that.

Im watching old quiz shows on Challenge . Wheel of Fortune with Niki Campbell and Carol Smillie.

2. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

I love Call the Midwife ! Did I ever tell you that Jenny Aggutter who plays Sister Julienne, owns Reena's grand-daughter?

3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

You kept that quiet!

She was in one of the best horror films ever made too American Werewolf in London!

Cleo38 and kimthecat like this.
  4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

No! Oh that is a wonderful bit of trivia, thank you! I love it too. I watch the entire series, in order every year. I usually start it in February or March, so that I'll just be ready for the new season when it comes out (in the US) on DVD in May. this year I got behind in my watching some how. Oh I remember, because I was involved with As Time Goes By, which I watched from beginning to end to make sure all the discs worked,(since I bought the entire set) and Doc Martin (do not own it, just watched it through my free library service).

I got very impatient with some of Doc Martin but saw through to the end, all 9 seasons...until another comes out.

kimthecat and lullabydream like this.
  5. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

She is a superb actress, I remember her in the Railway Children.

kimthecat, lullabydream and Boxer123 like this.
  6. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

"Daddy, my Daddy"

*sob*

kimthecat, Cleo38 and SusieRainbow like this.
  7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I love that film, such a classic :)

Happy Paws2 and SusieRainbow like this.
  8. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Oh gosh yes, gets me every time. And my dad too!

kimthecat likes this.
  9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

She was in Walkabout. It is a great film and all the actors are superb ,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkabout_(film)
    Walkabout
    is a 1971 British-Australian survival film directed by Nicolas Roeg and starring Jenny Agutter, Luc Roeg, and David Gulpilil. Edward Bond wrote the screenplay, which is loosely based on the 1959 novel Walkabout by James Vance Marshall. Set in the Australian outback, it centres on two white schoolchildren who are left to fend for themselves in the Australian outback and who come across a teenage Aboriginal boy who helps them to survive.

Cleo38 and lullabydream like this.
  10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Milka and kimthecat like this.
  11. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

That's such a great film. I might watch that again this weekend it will follow my Aussie theme as I've watched a couple of Australian drama's this week

The first was The Secrets She Keeps on BBC, quite good especially the actor playing Agatha.

Next was Stateless on Netflix which I really enjoyed. Very upsetting at times but so well acted & thought provoking

Catstorm and kimthecat like this.
  12. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

After my ultra marathon challenge last week I literally sat on Sunday and binged The Secrets she Keeps. Have you watched The Cry ?

Cleo38 likes this.
  13. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Yes, that was very good. I thought everyone was so good in that ….. felt like punching her husband though

Ultra marathon?! Wow …. how many miles is that?

Boxer123 likes this.
  14. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

It was 100km over a week I finished Saturday so Sunday was exhausted needed a good tv day.

Cleo38 likes this.
  15. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

'Curse of the Golden flower' is on Netflix. It's set in ancient China, and is one of the most beautifully filmed movies I've ever seen, with amazing sets and beautiful colours. The story is mostly about the secrets and goings on in a royal palace. There's also plenty of action with amazing battle scenes and hundreds of extras. If you can handle it being subtitled, it's well worth a watch.

I'm also catching up with 'Peaky Blinders' and watching the repeats of 'Broadchurch' .

Cleo38 likes this.
  16. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I love that film, the sets & costumes are stunning! Definitely something I will watch again (add to my list!) as I haven't seen it for ages but have watched Hero & House of Flying Daggers (also directed by Zhang Yimou) again recently. I love the choreography in these films, so amazing & beautiful to watch

jetsmum likes this.
  17. Jaf

Jaf PetForums VIP

On E4? I’ve been watching them too. I have them on dvd but there’s something wonderful about having to wait for each episode.

I’m intrigued to see whether a bit I know was cut from the dvd will be shown. A bit where she kicks someone in the balls and the other man says “no not those orbs”. It’s part of the Andrew/ Warren/ Jonathon storyline in series 6. I wonder why it was cut.

Boxer123 likes this.
  18. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I’ve been watching it on prime having a good binge.

19. Jaf

Jaf PetForums VIP

Ah. Must admit that the adverts are annoying, perhaps I should get prime but I have netflix and don’t get post to my house so have always thought prime would be a waste of money.

It’s funny how the actors look so young, must be weird for them having a permanent reminder.

20. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

The Buffy box set is on 4od too (which is free although there is short adverts but not as long as the live TV ones). I love BTVS and have just finished my rewatch and think I'm gonna go on to watch Angel since I've never watched the whole series.

I've also been watching Spaced which has come on netflix, cannot believe I haven't seen this before, it's so good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice