Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what are you veiws on heat lamps

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lizd4688, Jan 18, 2008.

1. lizd4688

lizd4688 PetForums Member

i have been looking at heat lamps.
    do any of you use them
    would like to knoe what yoy all think about them.

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

thanks you just reminded me need to get new bulb of the viv

3. Broxdown

Broxdown PetForums Junior

I know we are in the dog section but I use heat lamps in my cattery, they are all on individual thermostats with the dull heat immitter ceramic bulbs 250watt bulbs. IMO they are a nice safe form of heating and very controllable :)

4. Brainless

Brainless Guest

In a domestic situation with a breed that doesn't like heat I find I much prefer a heat pad under th Vet bed so pups can move to it, but the bitch can keep away.

In the bedroom at night I provide background heat for the litter using an oil filled radiator next to the whelping box.

With a lamp you have to have some way of suspending it ( I am not a handy person), and move that from one place to another as the pups move from bedroom to kitchen/living room. the heat pad is unobtrusive.

5. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

We use an infra red heat lamp. We dont have it on all the time, just on a night usually, or if we notice the pups are all huddled togeather and mum isnt lying in with them. Our whelping box is big enough that they can get away from it if need be, i hang it a good few feet above the pup's also.

Ang

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice