UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a meal with my lovely sis on Friday night, my son is the chef where we went and after work (he finished at 11ish) he had a few drinks with us and then chauffered us home. Made me feel proper proud seeing him all growed up, good at his job and popular & confident with staff & customers (am a single mum so I claim all credit :D), he turned out a really nice person so think my work is done! Plus he goes to see his grandparents every day so as well as love him as my son I like him as a person :eek:

Other than that I can still fit in size 12 skinny jeans and look ok ish. What are you proud of?

G

·
i'm extremely proud of my kids and all their achievements but i have felt like strangling my eldest for a few months now:eek: and breathe:D

·
Still missing my boys
42,303 Posts
Come on Rona, you are a nice lady - Spill the beans, even if its to say proud of secret things you have done
No they are all in the past. I'm actually more annoyed with myself at the moment than proud.
Yes there's the odd thing I do that I'm pleased I did, but proud is going too far.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm extremely proud of my kids and all their achievements but i have felt like strangling my eldest for a few months now:eek: and breathe:D
Oh I have been there too but when they come out the other side and you can think i like you as a person as opposed to love you as my child, best feeling in the world

G

·
Oh I have been there too but when they come out the other side and you can think i like you as a person as opposed to love you as my child, best feeling in the world
i am really starting to wonder with him:D he will get there , will take time but he will:D love my kids unconditionally they are all definitely nice likeable people to be around sadly these days i'm on my own as they have their own lives , they come and go as they need me which is fine i'll always be here for them. they are the best thing that ever happened to me and always will be.
few other things i am proud of too , my sister who lost her child few months ago (dont think i could have come out so well as she has , shes been so strong. xx it was all of us around her that fell completely to pieces:(), i look back and think ive done okay really with my life , so if i went tomorrow i can honestly say hand on heart id have no regrets.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the only thing I can be proud of at the moment is the fact that I havnt totally cracked up this last week :(
Thats a big thing, if most would crumble (and they would) and you didn't you have more to be proud of them me hun - there's a fine line between proud and relieved. There but for the grace etc big hugs

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
my step son :) he may only be 8 but he's such an inteligent little boy and does so well at school. he adores his young niece and nephew and my god daughter all who are under 3.
proud of my hubby for setting up his new business. and proud of myself for breaking the mould that there seems to be with 'young people and can proudly say i have worked almost every day since leaving school 8 years ago :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Well, pride comes before a fall :D

I'm proud of how I cared for my old dog. After she died my vet rang me and said that I had cared for her with more commitment and for longer than most people care for their elderly parents. That meant a lot to me at the time, and still. I'm proud that I put 'me' and everything else second.

Recently, I'm proud of the fact that I have made it through this last year, physically, mentally. Part of me looks back and wonders... how? That sounds so grandiose it's embarrassing to say but it has been the most challenging time of my life to date. It makes me feel stronger; as though, however horrible what is coming around the corner, I'll be OK (unless it is unimaginably terrible and then I'll just freak out :eek:).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.