UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get Rusty pup....

A large Kong Wubba Friends dog toy
One of those space hopper super squeaky things...
Some random treats and chews from zooplus
An equifleece polo neck coat (i've just ordered this as he needs it now but it is a christmas present really!)
A tag for his superman collar

What is everyone else planning on getting their hounds for Christmas?? :)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
It all depends if she pees up the tree. But seriously nothing she doesn't know its Christmas. On the other hand if i can get away with buying something we really need. A new training lead or new book onthe pretence of Christmas ;-)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Bertie is going to have special xmas:D will be his first xmas inside all warm and cosy, dont think he will want any presents tho, and a tree is out! pee's up anything the naughty boy:D:D

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
A kong for Scooter as I've been meaning to replace his last one forever, and a cuddly toy for Breeze. Scooter's biggest present will be "helping" to unwrap everyone else's presents :D

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Mine all get some treats and a rawhide chew and a new toy :)

They also get a wee xmas dinner ;)

One of them will pull the short straw and get an outfit as there is a fancy dress competition for our dog class xmas party :lol:

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
They both have stockings with toys, treats and a few other bits and pieces. My youngest dog will be 1 on the 22nd of December and will celebrate that as well. They don't know if it is christmas etc, but I do and enjoy it. My oldest ignores the tree so will be interesting to see how she reacts.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
I really don't know, they've ALL had Orvis orthopaedic beds a few weeks ago, Floyd's had two new coats and will be getting an Equafleece (I need to keep him warm and dry now he has chronic kidney failure), they've all had new toys and blankets, so I just don't know. They will however have something Christmas morning, well, it wouldn't be fair would it otherwise, and, they'll have a raw turkey leg for dinner.:D

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
So far I've got Jet a bag of 3 tennis balls (he usually doesn't get them coz he'll destroy them in about 60 seconds, but it's xmas so I don't mind) a new blanket, 2 rubber balls, a ball with a star shape on the edge, and a new cushion. I know there'll be more to come. :D

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
So far he's got a massive 10 inch boomer ball.. it came today!

I also want to get him a fancy handmade tag, but I can't decide which one to get off Etsy. It's looking like a "squirrel patrol" one though.

One of those puppies that walks, barks and flips... he'll love that :D

I think that'll do him... he gets a bit bratty if he's spoilt too much. No doubt my Mum will shower him with gifts too! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He he i've always got them something at Christmas! I know they don't know its christmas but I do ;)

I generally just love love love christmas! :dita: (can you tell i'm excited already?!)

Glad to see I'm not the only one planning pressies :p
I'm just glad that Rusty is into toys etc. so I have an excuse to get him new ones!

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
I always bring lots back from Crufts too for them, stuff they don't need or even think they'll need, but if they don't play with it, or use it, then I send it up to rescue along with things I have bought at Crufts for the rescued dogs too.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Probably left overs from Christmas dinner (from 2 houses). I may even try and get them Turkey Carcasses for their dinners. Perhaps a Kong each - to keep them quiet whilst we're at our parents' houses. But that's about it. OH's parents go mental with presents for them, and they'll get some crappy treats off my older sister.

They got loads last year cos we did secret santa. But this year they're being fed a great diet, they sleep on our bed, their walks are everything to them. I spend enough money on them during the year, why would I splurge for one day?

Ooh I might make them a liver cake.

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
One of those puppies that walks, barks and flips... he'll love that :D
OMG :D :D That's BRILLIANT! You will have to post a video!
I used to have one of these when I was little. But I think my dogs would hate it and kill it if I got them one :eek:

But the boomer ball is a great idea, been meaning to get Dixie a new one ever since Dave got big enough to pick her little one up :lol:

·
Registered
23,250 Posts
My lot are getting a hand made lead/coat hanger from my dad and a set of doggy steps for the spare sofa (or Hannahs' sofa as it is usually known!).:D
Im one of those mean mummy's who tends to buy practical presents for the kids!!:rolleyes:

G

·
She'll have her secret santa present, and I'll probably get her a few treats/chews. She gets so much stuff during the year, and I'm so broke, that I probably won't get her anything else :eek:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Angus is going to get a new collar, just need to decide what sort - martingale, semi-slip or half check. Although that's mainly because we discovered on Saturday that his neck is now wider than his head and he can slip his other one. He's also getting a new frisbee from my mum as he's wrecked his old one. His favourite present will be half a dozen dog biscuits and his stag bar and toy of the moment which will be wrapped/re-wrapped several times so he can have the fun of tearing the paper off to discover his favourite things over and over again.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.