Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What are you Dogs favourite treats?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MontyMaude, Oct 18, 2015.

1. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I am stuck in a rut giving mine crap treats, even though they like them I'm sure there are better out there, plus it may help out Secret Santa participants too ;)

2. Nettles

Nettles PetForums VIP

Any type of fish4dogs treats are a favourite for Phoebe and for really small training treats, we just use little pieces of chicken, turkey or cheese. She's easy to please :D

3. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Beef scalp
    Cows ears
    Pizzle
    Fish skins

Katalyst and MontyMaude like this.
  4. Pappychi

Pappychi PetForums VIP

Both mine absolutely adore good old fashioned bones from the butchers. I swear they know it's Thursday which is the day I go down there to pick up a bag of bones :p

Katalyst and MontyMaude like this.
  5. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

MontyMaude likes this.
  6. kare

kare PetForums VIP

Mine enjoy their kibble as training treats, mix in cheese as a jackpot.
    Have some Lilys kitchen biscuits. Some barking heads night time ones.

Chickens feet and some treats which look a little like those pressed minced type rawhide chews, but are actually pressed cooked meat, but not convinced Ill buy those again.

MontyMaude likes this.
  7. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Being the breed she is, pretty much anything:Smuggrin

Muttly, westie~ma and MontyMaude like this.
  8. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Biscuits - Arden Grange crunchy bites, James Wellbelove crackerjacts, Lily's Kitchen rise & shines and bedtime biscuits, Tribal.

Chews - pizzle, tripe sticks, rawhide, beef scalp, ostrich tendons, cow ears, trachea, paddywack, Greenies. Dream Bones, Whimzees.

General treats - Pet Munchies, Fish4Dogs/Skippers fish jerky, Harringtons chicken/salmon rolls, Hollings puffed jerky, Fishermans Daughter cookies.

Training treats - Barker & Barker, Natures Menu, Royal Canin Educ, Zukes mini Naturals, Pooch & Mutt or Billy & Margot mini biscuits, Ziwipeak dried raw.

Mine do love their treats :oops:

MontyMaude likes this.
  9. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Mine doesn`t like the Fish4dogs treats. I got them for him once thinking he would love them (super stars) and he spat them out :oops:
    I find the best ones are real meat, sausage etc
    He rarely gets commercial treats but that is because I rarely buy them as I think they are overpriced. I do buy Nature Menu treats now and again as a treat. He likes crap treats like Pedigree and (shock horror) Bakers :p

MontyMaude likes this.
  10. Sarahlou444

Sarahlou444 PetForums Member

My dog loves Lily's kitchen bed time biscuits, he will sit patiently in his bed when he sees the packet come out of the cupboard.

On a side note he goes absolutely crazy for a prawn cracker!

MontyMaude likes this.
  11. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Anything I'm eating :rolleyes:

12. silvi

silvi PetForums VIP

Anything you offer her (or anything she can pick up when I'm not looking....).
    She really isn't that fussy :)

13. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

All of mine go mad for pizzle & dried tripe stick things . Willow particularly loves fish but Kyzer doesn't seem to as nuts for fish but will still eat it. Bob goes loopy for anything :)

In the SS thread I confessed they all go wild for.... Foamy bananas :oops: of the human treat kind. Ask them 'do you want a na - na' & you soon know how much they want one!

The stinkier the better here. They're not too fussy. Garlic / smoked stuff goes down well :)

They turned their nose up at James well beloved things though :confused: oddly. We got a sample & they all just seemed like I'd given them celery to chew on or something!

MontyMaude likes this.
  14. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Ahhh is that the chi in her? Eevee is the same, am surprised she's not hurt herself in excitement with the dancing about she does!..

Anyway back on track...
    Bedtime treats..Lilys kitchen bedtime treats and Barking heads Nite nites.

Biscuits...
    Arden Grange, wainwrights, Pooch and Mutt, most of the once from zooplus with foreign sounding names.
    I ashamedly may have used 'large breed kibble' as dog biscuits for my toy breed dogs. The food was fish4dogs and it went down well!

Training...
    Kibble, usually buy a 400g bag of something different to their normal food, cheese and dried liver.

Other...
    Fish squares from wherever( fishermans daughters, fish 4dogs), lilys kitchens fish skins, or from zoo plus, and what takes my fancy from zoo plus. Natures Menu country hunter freeze dried treats.

Poundstretcher...
    Sweet potato and chicken chews...one gulp for medium dogs toy dogs take a little while to chew.
    Was buying duck strips however someone's become intolerant to them so staying away, but worth a look.

silvi and MontyMaude like this.
  15. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Mine go as loopy for a stick of celery as they do for a chunk of roast chicken! Simple souls they are :oops:

MontyMaude likes this.
  16. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

MontyMaude likes this.
  17. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

Raw carrotts here! :p
    My step mum thought Kyzer was hanging around her kitchen cos of the smell of the meat.. She couldn't believe it when it was because she was cutting carrotts :)

Amelia66, MontyMaude and SixStar like this.
  18. kare

kare PetForums VIP

Mine lust after strawberries when we are preparing them.
    :Facepalm You try to raise your dogs as good natural law abiding citizens and there they are carnivores drooling over strawberries!!

My little one even treats herself, nibbling blackberries out of the brambles lol

Cedar, MontyMaude and JenKyzer like this.
  19. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

He'll do anything for a bit of buttered toast. Other than that naturesmenu treats and the random dried bits from zooplus

MontyMaude and JenKyzer like this.
  20. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Mine only get the dry toast crusts but they will sit and wait patiently for them though, and yes to the carrots, celery, cucumber middles (I can't eat the skin or seeds as it gives me dreadful heartburn) and Hector goes mad for Watercress :Wacky

I fear giving him chewy things after he chomped and swallowed a Pizzle in 10 seconds flat and I had to reach in his gob and extract a half chewed fish skin he tried and failed to swallow :Sour

Their current most favouritist things are Pedigree Crunchy Pockets which I think are doggy versions of Dreamies for cats which my two dog also go mad for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice