Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are these white markings on my turtles. Shedding. Shell problem

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by Yellow bellied Slider, May 31, 2019.

1. Yellow bellied Slider

Yellow bellied Slider PetForums Newbie

My turtles have white yellowish marking on top of her shell. They are hard, not soft. She started shedding and the yellow markings appeared under the shed. Underneath are white dots, which look different from the other markings.

I have tried gentle rubbing them off with a cloth but they are part of the shell and didn't come off.

We have a basking light for them. They are adult turtles so we feed them mostly kale, spinach and dark greens. And their tank is cleaned weekly. They behaviour normally, eating, basking, spends most of their time in water.
    I'm worried it might be some kind of shell rot or fungus.

I'm asking for advice on what it might be.
    There are no turtle vets in my area so if I have to take them to someone it would need to be a serious problem.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice