UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right Daisy is a 18 year old Border Collie - god bless her she is so timid :( We rescued her when she was 8 months old. When she was about 15 she got this tic like lump on her side, took her to the vets under the biggest protest I have ever seen, she tried to escape everytime i took a step, paniced that much she froze :( was so sad to watch anyway he said it looked like a Melanoma or could be something else. I decided not to take any actions on the lump as she is far to old to be getting put under a anesthetic and she cant cope with stress well.

Over the past months another has arrived on the end of her elbow, its pretty much the same. Pics below.. whats your oppinions? Anyone had anything like this in your dogs?

1st growth

2nd growth

I dont want anyone to tell me to get her to the vets for it to be removed, i feel at her time in life its not fair to put her through that kind of trauma and stess.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they could be Fibroma which is a benign tumor , i would keep a eye on them and if they start to grow have her to the vets i know she doesnt like them but best to get them checked iof they grow bigger
Thanks. I will be taking her if they get any bigger but at current they are the same :) :eek:

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
My collie x got one on her chest. The vet said to leave it unless it got bigger. It did but it was years later and they removed it (when she was about 12). It had rooted quite deeply and was more involved than they had first thought to remove but she was fine.
What a fantastic age she is -bless her x

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all :) Thanks Mum2Heidi. Apart from these she is fine in her self. Shes a tad deaf and blind but its kind of expected at her age!! She must be about 150 in our years :eek: bless her! and such a bad start to life too!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I don't know what they are, could be any number of things. But, bless her, does it matter unless they are bothering/hurting her? She is an old lady and if I were 150 years old I don't think I would want to be messed with! Hope she goes on for a long time enjoying her life with you xxxx.

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
My Border Collie Ben who is 12 has 2 on his legs they have grown a bit they dont seem to bother him or hurt so think they are just old age things so I am just leaving them:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.