Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what are the best 3 book youve read lately

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by katie200, Apr 1, 2011.

1. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i love to read so hear are the best 3 book ive read lately :D

1) one night with you totaly weath reading

2) wish list creepy

3) the bride sale this was a great book too

so what do you all like reading...

2. Bandy

Bandy Banned

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

4. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

I don't normally 'do' crime novels but I've just read Stieg Larsson's trilogy. Brill :D

5. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Recently I've only had time to read my books for uni so it would be:

Jude the Obscure
    The Master of Ballantrae
    The Fairy Tales of George MacDonald.

Sigh... Can't wait for the summer so I can get back to reading whatever I like :D

6. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I'm constantly re-reading my favourite books and it's hard to pick which are the best that I've recently read so I'll just say I'm re-re-re-re-re-reading the Gerorge R. R. Martin 'A Song of Ice and Fire' books before the TV series comes out and annoys me :D

7. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

im rubbish at choosing books lol so now i get someone to recomend them to me!! ive tried to read the time travellers wife 4 times and i cant get past the 1st chapter, its too slow.

loved the twilight saga, The lovely bones is an awsome read! i dont like true story ones, they make me get too upset.

i really like Nicholas Sparks too

8. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I'm working my way through The Saga of Darren Shan.Only up to book 3 out of12, so that's going to keep me going for a bit.

9. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Darren Shan is wonderful, I'm 20 and I've read it all the way through many times :lol: who says it's just for kids!

His Demonata series is seriously scary in places too :eek:

My favourite series of books is Scott Lynch's Locke Lamora books, they are wonderful. :eek:

10. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

I have read some old books by John Christopher - The Tripods trilogy. The White Mountains, The City of Gold & Lead, and The Pool of Fire. I wanted something completely unreal and entertaining. I bet nobody remembers The Tripods, it was on TV when I was a kid in the 80's.

11. Bandy

Bandy Banned

I love to read.
    I enjoy books with solid stories that makes easy to become immersed in the environment and just lose myself in it.

I will read anything I can get my hands on really...whether or not I finish it depends on the book itself. I can't be bothered finishing a book that is either predictable or just has a sh*tty plot.

Romance novels are the epitome of that example. Never could figure out why women are drawn to them.

12. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Yeah me too I love books and I always have one that I'm part way through. I hate romantic trash as well.

13. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Me too! I like fantasy the best (none of the Twilight crap though, UGH) and sci-fi. Also I never underestimate a good old classic :D

14. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I don't know about favourites: far too many to choose from. My recent reads, though, include:

The Grotesque
    The Yellow Wallpaper
    The Lifted Veil
    Lord of the Flies
    Animal Farm

And non-classics

Ian Rankin Novels
    Sue Grafton novels

15. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I LOVE to read and actually start to worry if I don't have AT LEAST 25 books waiting to be read.... :eek:

My latest discovery, last year, was an author called Susanna Gregory. She has two on-going series - one based in the 1300's & the other the late 1600's. I managed to get the first 3 books of the 1600's series (The Thomas Chaloner Adventures) on a cheap deal in The Works bookshop and they totally blew me away!!!! I was SOOOOOO impressed with them. They are spy-like thrillers based in London during the Restoration period. I call them my "James Pattersons but with some real meat on the bones!" :D

I have also read the first one in her 1300's series (Matthew Bartholomew) and it was really good too.

I do, however, have VERY eclectic tastes in books and often go straight from spy thrillers to chick-lit to gangland murders to autobiographys without a bat of on an eyelid. :D

In fact, I read SO much that in 1999, I started to keep a log of all the books I read as I sometimes found that I would pick up one I had already read because they had changed the cover & I thought it was a new one. :mad:

16. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

I usually read a lot of Jodi Picoult and crime novels. Felt like something different lately so I'm working my way through these
    Christine Feehan: Dark Series
    Top left of the page click on dark series and shows all the books there :)

17. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

I have just finished reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, and loved it. It will get some comparisons to Twilight (it has vampires as well as witches and daemons) but is a little more grownup. The only complaint i had about it is that its the first of a trilogy, which i didnt know, and the next part isnt out til next year! :mad:

18. Bandy

Bandy Banned

I hate that.

That's how I ended up reading the Dark Tower Series....didn't realize I was in for a 7 book haul when I grabbed the first one.

The newest I want to read is I am number 4
    Saw the movie..it was great.

Apparently, its going to be a 6 book series and only the first has been written.
    :(

19. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I've taken a break from The Saga to see what The Demonata was like.(coz Amazon have them all on offer at the mo) Really enjoyed the first one, but can't seem to get into the second as easily.
    I'm waiting for the Next Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy to come out. I just loved those.:scared:
    I'll look out for the Lamora books,thanks.
    Heeheee I'll soon be 61, so I know they're not just for kids:lol:

20. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

The next 2 book im going to read are

1) Too wicked to tame by sophie jordan
    looks a good book

2) surrender to me by sophie jordan

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice