Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What are people doing on mothers day?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Eroswoof, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

As some of you know I lost my mum 5 years ago when I was 21, she was 54. I'm not keen on this time of year so I'd LOVE to hear some uplifting stories about what others are doing and such like :)

No need for sorrys or anything - it's not a sad thread!

What's everyone up to? Are you a mum or a daughter or a dad doing something for their children who are too young yet to do something themselves?

We used to get animal shaped crystals for my mum every year - it's one of my first memories, going to the shop and choosing a new crystal animal (very 80's I know :lol: )

Em
    xx

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I'll prob get my mum a card but we dont really tend to get on very well :thumbdown:

So if i can afford tickets we are off to the ice hockey playoff weekend

3. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Im the same i hate mothers day, i lost my mom when i was 18 will be 6 years this september.

But this year i will be going to church to see my lil boy in a mothersday concert:eek: Hes only 2 bless him.
    Then after that i will be going to the crem as usual.

4. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Ooo! I'd not know about ice-hockey until I came up here but we've got a local rink - I'd LOVE to go! Hope you have a fantastic day!

Not good is it hen :eek: I'm so sorry :eek:

I hope you have a wonderful day at the concert :)

Em
    xx

5. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

:eek: whens it mothers day!

6. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

7. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

haha best weekend of the whole season :D this is my first time since 2007 :eek:

Next season get your backside down here for it ;)

8. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Well i lost my mum when i was 16 years old, i also lost my grandma who then raised me after my mum died on mothers day last year!! So to say i dont like the day is an understatement.

But i have to do it for the kids, i have to put a smile on my face when they bring me my cards and pressies.

I have said that i am having a nice lie in and i want breakfast in bed and i am not lifting a finger all day. I want to be pampered!! :D:D:D

9. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

3rd April dont worry couple of weeks yet! ;)

10. toria

toria PetForums Senior

Working :(

11. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

thank heavens for that :D

12. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I will think of my mum (R I P Mum) and wish my son was home with me.

13. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I don't know!! I think i will take my mum out for lunch and get her a bottle of wine or something,

14. iheartsonic

iheartsonic PetForums Senior

I don't know, they never tell me. If Dave leaves me be in bed I know it's a lazy day but if he wants me to get up and dressed then he and the kids will be taking me out somewhere. Last year we went to Great Yarmouth (in MARCH?!! :eek: ) but it was a lovely sunny day and I know Great Yarmouth isn't exactly glamorous but I love the sea side and everyone was happy so that made me happy too :)

15. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Mmmmm I am not sure what to do, I would like to do something really nice, I was thinking Leeds Castle but that is so old school for us now,, but then I suppose I could do a suprise picnic.. Mmm I just don't know this year.

16. ArabiCoffee

ArabiCoffee PetForums Member

Mother's day has already passed in Jordan, we celebrate it on the 21st of March round here... I told mum that she has to pay a visit to a tourism office, and my brother and I will pay for a trip of her choice :D she loves her gift :D

oh oh, I also organised a party for the mothers of the children enrolled in the one of the programmes in the clinic where I work (children with disabilities) and it went amazing, I was proud of every little one of them :D mummies were very happy as well :D

17. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

I got my mum a chearsh teddy that she collect and a moonpig card and motherday bag of blessings and of corse a fy up breakfast I alway try and keep my mum up dear on mothday as her mums not hear and it make her really down on that day.

18. rona

rona Guest

First mothers day without mine :crying:
    Not going to be an easy day

19. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

i got her a lovely card & she is trying to save me cash cos im skint, she has more stuff than she will ever use, need or want. she has asked for a sponge :eek: which ive got but what else is chape & cheerful for her?

20. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

me and my mum are going out for tea at a local pub, its buy one get one free on a three course meal ... get it !!

we are going with about 10 friends all mothers and daughters /sons

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice