Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What am I gonna do...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by manic_ragdoll, Jul 1, 2009.

1. manic_ragdoll

manic_ragdoll PetForums Junior

I have to sell one of my bucks, as my mum says she cant handle them having more babies, but they're my rabbits and I take full responsibility, it was her that wanted him in the first place, and now because my doe is pregnant, well, I'm assuming so as she's starting to make a nest, which I knew would happen with them being together, she knew it too, and now she's telling me I have to sell him...It really annoys me when someone decides they want a pet, then you have to look after it for them and then they tell you to sell it onces you've bonded with it...Why are people so cruel?!?! Her excuse was that she's more for the dogs... Ugh, sorry about the rant.

2. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Cant you get them spayed/neutered?

3. manic_ragdoll

manic_ragdoll PetForums Junior

That is a road I could go down, but I still dont think my mum would go for it, she's set on me selling him... Ugh it's so unfair

4. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Its not fair to buy an animal then get fed up with it, in my opinion you should have it neutered.

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Well you need to do something, as you cant leave him in with her when she has her kits. Do you have a spare hutch?

Neutering would be the best option, but he would have to be kept seperate for 6 weeks after having the snip.

6. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

I agree you cannot keep breeding from your female so the majority of the year he should not be living with her anyway. How many litters has she had?
    I would try and get him neutered if possible so he can live with her without the risk of babies.

7. whitebloodcells

whitebloodcells PetForums Junior

Yeh, it doesnt cost much at all to get them neutered. Weve just got our boy done so he could live with his wifey and it didnt cost much at all, only about £55.00.

8. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

If you cant neuter then, cant you separate them ?

Chloe x

9. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

You have to seperate them now anyway if shes in kit, why on earth are you breeding them anyway? Theres over 33,000 rabbits sat in rescues desperate for homes, breeding a pet bun for the sake of just adds to the problem.

Have them both neutered and keep them as pets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice