Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What age can my kittens have treats?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by sarahcunny, Jul 31, 2009.

1. sarahcunny

sarahcunny PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone. it's been a while since i've been on. After losing my beloved Ronnie last August i finally decided to take the plunge and get some new kits. we've had them since the end of May and they will be 4 months old at the beginning of August. it's been so long since we've had kittens that i just wanted to check at what age we can start giving them treats such as real fish, prawns, tuna etc?

hope you like the pics. little splodgey boy is Sid and pretty petite little tabby is Nancy!

Attached Files:

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

haha I love their names! They are gorgeous :)

I would think its OK to start giving them prawns, chicken etc for treats as they are 4 months now, I have started giving my kitty some chicken and the odd tidbit and hes just 10 weeks.

3. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

Nice pictures; they are sooo cute!

I started giving treats when our kitten was about 9 weeks old, since she only wanted to eat 'human food' instead of cat food. So chicken and meat were the basics here to prevent her from starving. Then we learned her to eat cat food as well... Not giving you any good pieces of advice, do I, since it was the other way around down here.

Anyway, she's still (very) alive and kicking, so I suppose it won't do any harm if you start doing so with your own cuties. I think 4 months is a good age after all...

4. sarahcunny

sarahcunny PetForums Newbie

thanks guys!! :D looks like Sid and Nancy will be trying their first real chicken this weekend! :D

5. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

Whoohoo! Let us know if they liked it! ;)

6. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

I always wash prawns really well before I give them to mine as they tend to have brine in them when you get them. I like to give my cats natural treats rather then the various ones you get at supermarkets etc. A great alternative I've found are Craze treats & you can always have them in as they are freeze dried - pure white fish, prawns & chicken, with no yukky bits or gunk in them. Mine like them dry, but you can also rehydrate them if you want to, & if one of them are off their food, you can sprinkle the treats or some of the powder from the bottom on their food & they'll soon wolf the lot! I bought mine at a cat show, but you can also get them online or on ebay Cat Treats : Pinky Pawz - Simply ... the cats whiskers!, Pinky Pawz - Simply ... the cats whiskers! . There's another thread on here re kitten treats & loads of people said on that their cats loved them too. Mine like the fish best - but they are very fishy, lol :eek:

7. LadyRedLainey

LadyRedLainey PetForums VIP

This is an old thread, but i was about to ask the same question.
    Thanks for asking it :)

8. madeinwales

madeinwales PetForums Junior

I was about to ask the same thing, but you have already answered it for me xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice