Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What about this one?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by PetloverJo, Jan 6, 2012.

1. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

2. raggie doll

raggie doll PetForums VIP

OMG the poor thing is skinny

3. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

So, so sad :(

4. marleyboo

marleyboo PetForums Senior

i would love a maine coon, shes beautiful

what really irks me is the *ex-breeding queen*

im sorry but if i was breeding it was because i loved that paticular animal/pedigree.... cant help but feel these beautiful girls are just used and disposed off makes me so angry :sad:

5. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Now you see that one I don't have problem with really - not all queens are cut out to be mums - and the photo could have been taken after the kittens when cats tend to lose condition and maine coons are very long and so can look skinny. Better she is re-homed and has a pampered life rather than be unhappy around other breeding queens. Price is a little steep though - I think £100 would be better.

6. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I do get where you are coming from - but neutered girls are often bullied by the entire queens so often it's better to re-home, especially whilst they are young. Being a neuter in a breeding house isn't always fun!These are actually being responsible - she didn't like being a mum so they have stopped and neutered her. She will be up to date on jabs and is FELV and FIV negative so they have tested her. This one is genuine!

7. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

she's only 1 yr old isn't that a bit young to be breeding?

8. spid

spid PetForums VIP

It depends when she first came into call - you always hope to wait until they are a year old (and she could be between 1yr and 2 years - she will be 1 for 11months and 3 weeks and 6 days) but it isn't always possible otherwise if they start early they can call themselves out of condition and are at risk of pyro. Honestly, guys, I think this one is genuine.

That photo is of her at ten months

#8 spid, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  9. marleyboo

marleyboo PetForums Senior

:( i know spid just cant help feel sorry for breeding girls :sad: where did you see age?? just showed o/h said shes lovely *hint hint :D*

i understand that and they cant keep them all, still feel sad for them though :sad:xxxxxxxxx

10. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I went to the breeders website

11. Wendy1969

Wendy1969 PetForums Member

I know this lady from around the shows - she is a responsible breeder and not a BYB. I've seen cats in far worse states than this for sale on Preloved and I have now banned myself from looking on that site. There are lots of reasons why *responsible* breeders rehome cats, the main reason being the well-being of the cat. As others have said, not all are happy being neuters in an entire household. They may have been Top Cat before - but after neutering may be pushed down the pecking order and end up being bullied :sad:

12. lizzykaty

lizzykaty PetForums Member

i have 2 x-breeding ragdolls, but they were kept outside, and they now have a nice warm house, and lots of attention.

13. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

This is getting scary when you can't tell genuine breeders from bogus ones, yes I have seen her website and it looks very good and yes I do agree that she is genuine but if she has shown her cats at shows and it looks like she has shown this one, and it has been placed why not advertised it on The Maine Coon breeders re homing site rather than something crappy like pre loved. This lovely looking girl deserves something better than that. Hopefully the breeder asks the people plenty of questions about the new home and people she is going to rather than just giving her to someone that hands her £200.

14. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

advert looks fine, health tests, breeder looks really good, cat looks in nice condition, apart from looking thin, however she probably had kittens and that can knock the hell out of a cat, one of my girls you would have said she was a rspca case, (we neutered her) and it took about 8 months to re gain her weight & she had had 8 kittens, so you can imagine!

I always said that I would never re-home, but sadly when you breed, you do tend to keep back the best in each litter, but some cats dont get on with others or just arent really happy, so its best to re-home as you just cant keep them all.

sad about the ragdolls that were kept outside :( none of mine are outside, currently got 4 on me! I dont like outside cats :( although I do know that most people do have theirs outside.

15. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

One of the first cats I enquired after was an ex-breeding queen called Emma.
    Unfortunately when I called, the breeders had someone looking at her that evening, and they took her.

We got Willow about a week later.

The ad looks genuine to me - but I am no expert :eek:

16. Wendy1969

Wendy1969 PetForums Member

The Breed Society and the MCCC don't usually get involved with rehoming ex-breeding cats. They are more concerned with trying to find homes for rescues and pets which are needing help being rehomed

17. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

The add looks fine & so does the cat to me they can be very long & thin at that age Tango looks like he does'nt get fed properly at the mo :rolleyes: the breeder sounds great to but I still think for a MC she is to young to have had kittens already :( but thats probably just me :eek:

18. swatton42

swatton42 PetForums Senior

Well the more places you advertise then the more chances the cat has of getting a home. And to be fair anyone willing to pay the £200 is more likely to look after that animal. Yea they should still check out the potential owner but I'd say they'd probably be fine.

If you were some average joe looking for a cute little putty tat there are plenty of cats out there going free to collector...not many people will choose £200 price tag over something that's free.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice