Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What a wubba - ly thing to do Kilo!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dogless, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

My best friend bought Kilo a new Kong Wubba for Christmas :thumbup1:.

I got it out today for him to play with which he obviously loved :D.
    So....I hear you asking, what is the problem, friend who dotes on Kilo gets him a lovely new toy, he plays - happy days :thumbup1:.

Well, I am now sporting a bruised nose and swollen split lip :frown2:. Kilo is the kind of dog that grabs a toy by it's 'tails' and shakes, slapping himself around the head (and usually causing some shin damage at the same time to whoever is in the vicinity :rolleyes:). Only he went one better today :rolleyes:.

Shake Wubba and....let go....so it flies into the side of my nose :skep:. So, apart from watering eyes, a tender conk and a check for blood no real harm done and I give the toy back :frown2:. Wouldn't happen again, thinks I - never has before :rolleyes:.

Ten seconds later, the Wubba is smacking into my top lip...bit of blood, plenty of swelling and a bit sore when I smile good job I don't smile too often:rolleyes:.

Good job I love the little red critter :D.

2. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

sorry but :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Mophie

Mophie PetForums Senior

If they weren't completely different breeds Donnie and Kilo may've been seperated at birth. He's propelled his kongs towards the TV, Fish Tank and Windows as well has, our limbs and faces :D

4. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Oh dear,we both have had dog related accidents today.:eek:

5. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Ouchie! I've had a few minor dog toy related injuries and then there was the time Tink attempted to ram her slobbery empty kong into my mouth :eek:

Nope you heal nice and fast.

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Eeeewwww!!

Nothing to heal really; just minor stuff :D.

7. Cloud&JaysMum

Cloud&JaysMum PetForums Senior

Its not really funny ..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:....... and I am not really laughing .......:lol::lol::lol::lol: ........ I hope you feel better soon :thumbup1:

8. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I feel fine - didn't post for sympathy but for a little lighthearted relief from the 'heavy' threads :eek: :thumbup1:.

9. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Sorry, but I did have to have a little giggle :lol:

Hope it heals nice and quick, luckily dexter only throws his toys towards furniture-not towards me,so far so good! :thumbsup:

10. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Don't tempt fate.......;) :eek:.

11. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

Sorry, have to laugh. Rupert did the same thing to me several times. His speciality was blokes though. He had absolutely amazing aim according to all the men in the family. Hope you heal quickly

12. Verity

Verity PetForums Member

I know the hurt feeling well! The signs were there with Luther at a very young age when with one of his first toys (Puppy wubba in lovely baby blue:)) came flying through the air and hit me in the face - nice bruised eye for a few days. Since then we have had various missiles fly through the air as he shakes the living daylights out of them. Couple of weeks ago I had a split eyebrow as I bent down to give him a snuggle and he looked up to give me a slobber:001_huh:

I stopped buying heavy toys and have had to have a quiet word with him on a couple of occasions as he tries to throw his bone through the TV:001_huh:

Dangerous job dog ownership! Hope you are feeling better soon x

13. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I feel fine; have had head butts, been knocked flying, tripped over him etc etc etc....all the normal stuff :thumbup1:.

14. Superash

Superash PetForums VIP

. Oh he's such a little bugger!!! Tell him naughty boy from me (and a cuddle) bad bad boy!!!!:biggrin:

15. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Completely and utterly my own fault. I was working on 'hold' and every opportunity to get her to hold items was being untilised. I was sat on the couch and asked her to bring me her empty kong. I had my hands behind my back so she wouldn't shove it immediatly into my hand. was praising her 'good hold' etc I could see her little cogs turning, when she hit upon an idea. She jumped up on the footstool and attempted to put her kong in my mouth...i learnt to only ask her to hold when i'm standing :D

#15 moonviolet, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  16. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

He is very upset about it; so upset he has been snoring away for hours. No change there :D.

17. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Oh no you poor thing!!!
    Willow has whacked me in the face and split my lip before!!

Kong wubba+rhodesian ridgeback=health warning!!

18. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Just Rhodesian Ridgeback = health warning would do, based upon our daily lives :eek:: :D.

19. Shazach

Shazach PetForums VIP

Ouch!......but funny....:lol::lol:

Hope the swelling goes down soon :biggrin:

20. lotlot

lotlot PetForums VIP

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh haha!! I've had the same thing happen to me on quite a number of occasions. Mostly when I'm relaxing on the sofa and caught completely unawares by toys flying at me!! I haven't been noticeably injured yet though...I hope you heal quickly :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice