Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What a walk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by thedogsmother, Oct 5, 2013.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

We decided to start the walk up at the school playing fields today, not as boring as it sounds as it's right next to some gorgeous moorland and countryside. Anyway we arrived to find a family playing football so we left the dogs leads on, both dogs were desperate to get off to run, but behaved themselves, when we got a bit away from the family we unclipped the leads. Cue the teenagers on their bikes who thought it was funny to tear past the dogs, so on went their leads again.
    By now they were desperate for a run, but still being very good, we waited till it was clear and unclipped their leads, threw the ball, then both dogs set off at full run due to the pent up energy. Bella ran in front of Henrick, both dogs fell and ended up rolling over and over onto the tennis court below :(. They are both apparently not badly hurt, although both have a slight limp in the same leg :(.
    So the nice long walk had to end up being a slow amble back to the car.

On the way back we got near the family playing football, when their two gorgeous patterdales (I think) tore over to greet my two, I tried to get them to go back to their owner but the littlest one was having none of it, so I had to wait. Eventually he went back and we set off again. We have to do a "last throw" and Henrick has to get it, or he sulks all the way home :eek:, so I threw the ball a short way and... The little dogs joined us again :mad2:, anyway eventually they were recovered, we set off home with two limping dogs who will have to go out again for a proper walk after their legs are better.
    Bring back the rain, when there's just me and my two braving the weather :D.

2. Fluffaluff

Fluffaluff PetForums Member

Awwweh such a shame to hear your walk didnt go as expected :eek: hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

I to also LOVE it when its raining or incredibly windy! that way we get peace and quiet out and about :p

3. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Poor Henrick and Bella :( I hope those legs don't take too long to recover.

I am looking forward to the rain coming back again; it was back up to 20 degrees down here today... quite unexpected for October! I'm used to Yorkshire temperatures lol.

4. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Sorry the dogs are limping I hope they get better soon.

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I hope the marvellous beasties' limps mend quickly, poor dogs - and your sanity returns quickly too, sounds like a bit of a mare :w00t: :(.

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

We are back and the dogs are fine now, henrick acts like he's broken his leg when he slightly bumps himself, Bella worried me as generally she doesn't show pain though. It was dark on tonight's walk so there was nobody else about, hmmm maybe I should only ever walk them at night in future ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice