Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What a stress, found a dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It had to be when I was running a tad late, didn't it? :rolleyes:

I had just left the kids at work with OH to get down to nursery for 5.20 for parents evening and was about half way there with 5 mins before my appointment when this big Flat Coat Retreiver ran past me!

I turned to see how far behind it's owners were, to see no one :scared:

He was nearing a busy junction so I whistled, and thankfully he turned and ran back to me, jumping wanting to play. Grabbed his collar, he grabbed my sleeve :lol:

No ID tag :mad2:

Saw two people walking down so head towards them and asked if they saw where he came from, nope.

Whipped my belt off :laugh: and put it through his collar, hung onto him with one hand while ringing my friend at the bottom of the street with the other.

No answer :eek:

Rang my auntie, who lived across the road, thankfully she was in, and came out her flat to hold onto the dog (her cat would not allow a dog in the flat), while I nipped to my appointment, phoning the police on the way to report finding the dog. I got there just on time!

(Anna is doing great at nursery btw).

Ran back to my aunties, and phoned OH on the way home to ask him to make sure the dogs were out the way, then stopped at my friends to borrow a lead before coming in and shutting the poor dog in the big crate in the back kitchen.

Phoned the 2 vets, no report of missing dog. Texted my dog trainer to say I wouldn't be down to help set up class, and did she know of a male flattie in town?

Soo she texted back and I had a bit of a :mad2: moment, because when she said where one lived... I remembered walking past the back of his garden (backs on to the park) earlier today wondering where he was as I had not seen him for a while :lol:

So I shoved a gentle leader on him and a poo bag in my pocket and set off.

Knocked on the wrong door :lol: but the man said, Oh thats Floyd, next door.

Rang the bell to an overjoyed owner and little girl! :D His mrs was out looking, Floyd had slipped out half an hour previously.

I said ''now.. get a tag on him, I could of rang you straight away if he had one on'' :)

He couldn't thank me enough, and said he would deffo get a tag on him. I said also.. when people find a dog they usually call the police and the vets to see if anyone has reported it missing, just in case it happens again :)

Home with just enough time to shower, feed Chase, write this and I'm off to class with Dixie in just a minute.

A bad pic of the beautiful boy :001_wub: they are deffo in my 'breeds I would love to own' list, I love the breed.

[​IMG]

2. Sezzastar

Sezzastar PetForums Senior

Good work Inspector Gadget!!!!!!:001_tongue:

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I honestly dont know where you get your energy:eek:

Good job you found him:D, maybe could have ended up in the wrong hands.
    Have a good evening if your not too tired:)

4. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

My word, it's all go with you :)
    well done Anna and have a lovely time this evening.

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

To be honest, if I found a dog and I was on deaths door I would make sure it at least got somewhere safe, if not back to it's owner... I have also made my OH stop the car before to grab a loose dog and take it to the police station :lol:

Dog class gets me out the house and gives me a hobby to do :)
    And tonight not only did Dixie do really well in her class, after standing around chatting for 20 mins about various things ie the xmas party, realising the last class was really quiet, we stayed for that and I am SO proud of her :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice