Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What a small world!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kinjilabs, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Was walking Bertie locally today around the fields and met a couple with a working Goldie bitch, got talking and she's only from the breeder who owns Berties sire:D

They were off to meet her later too in Devon so they are going to let her know how Bertie is doing:D

What a small world eh:D

2. Bagrat

Bagrat PetForums VIP

A couple of years ago we met a chap with a Welshie and as you don't see many, got chatting. He knew the breeder we got Delkens Purdylee from and we got her over 30 years ago. His comment "That's a blast from the past". We are still in contact with her breeders who have been retired a while now.

3. Lara1988

Lara1988 PetForums Member

My daughter went round to a school friends for tea once, and they had a CKCS the same age as ours. I was chatting to the mum when I picked her up and discovered our dogs are litter mates.

4. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I went to west Wales to get Kite; I met one of her litter brothers when walking along a canal path in Cumbria (got talking to the owner as he was clearly a Welsh Sheepdog and really resembled Kite's sire). It was in the vicinity of an agility show - I was there, the litter brother was there, and another litter brother was there too! That day, I'd been working on the same ring as his owners and Kite had been with me in the score tent, but as one of the owners was the judge, and the other was the scrime and facing the other way all day, they had not seen her.

This world is a tiny place.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice