Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what a s**t walk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by clayton1985, Aug 24, 2013.

1. clayton1985

clayton1985 PetForums VIP

never had any problems walking Lester til today...we were walking on one of our usual routes where we never usually see anyone when i saw a bloke walk round the corner carrying a can of beer (this was at 11.00) i instantly put Lester on his lead an as soon as i had a dog came round the corner behind the bloke drinking. This dog instantly started showing its teeth and air snapping, Lester to his credit sat on his butt but the dog came running at him, i tried to put myself inbetween them at this point i could hear a woman also with the bloke (also drinking) screaming at the fella to grab the dog...by this time the dog was right at us and bit the the back of my legs when i blocked its path to lester, a fight between both of them then happened, Lester did defend himself so he didnt get hurt and i managed to get inbetween them again (while they stood watching an in the process i get bitten by there dog again) pissed bloke finally comes over to put a ROPE round his dogs collar and apologises while his girlfriend blames me for playing with Lester with his squeaky toy, im not going to repeat what i said to them on here but id lost my temper by this point about 20 seconds into me shouting both of them an there dog went running off....iv reported it to all authorities but it wont do any good, thankfully Lester was playing with dogs again this afternoon an seems totally unphased, iv also had bites treated an nothing is to sreious.......just to let off steam really

2. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Nothing to say but didn`t want to read and run. Sorry about your walk :(

3. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

How crap. :(

Sounds like Lester is a credit to you, well done.

4. foursmith

foursmith PetForums Senior

Oh god I would have been scared stiff, glad there's no long term damage to either of you but what a horrible experience

5. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

What an awful thing to happen :mad:

Let us hope that they do track this moron down and prosecute.

Glad your dog was unhurt and seemingly unaffected. Keep an eye on your wounds, just in case they become infected.

Everyone's worst nightmare!

6. cheekymonkey68

cheekymonkey68 PetForums VIP

Pleased you are ok, and well done to Lester for coping. I hope you dont meet those idiots again, and I hope they have their dog removed as it may do better being rehomed with people prepared to put in the time and effort and care needed.

7. MrG

MrG PetForums Member

rubbish people - what chance did the dog stand...

8. clayton1985

im just fuming really, its obviously been involved in something before by the owners reactions.

9. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

What a horrible experience. Glad Lester seems unaffected. Hope you recover ok too.

10. clayton1985

thankyou, appreciate that

11. Buzzard

Buzzard PetForums VIP

That is awful. Imagine if you had a child with you or something and it got bitten, or if Lester was a nervous dog like my Mac is. Really is shocking the lack of common sense and responsibility some people have, drunk or otherwise. Pleased Lester is ok and hope the bites aren't too bad. Just a thought you may need a tetanus jab? Might be worth ringing your docs surgery for advice if the skin is broken.

12. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Oh feck. How awful. Glad you have had your bites looked at and hope Lester's OK. Hope that the couple with the dog that attacked are found too if you have reported them.

Wishing you a pleasant walk this morning.

13. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

That's horrendous! Glad you've reported it because one would hope that as you got bitten the police will take it seriously!

If you ever see them again and are able to, take a pic!

Really glad your boy is OK and hope you're all right, you must be very shaken.

Sending you and your lovely boy all best wishes.

14. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

That's awful I too hope you both heal well and the authorities sort these failures for entry to the human race out.

15. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Another aggressive dog off the effing lead! :mad:
    A rope for a lead too, sick ****holes - shouldn't own a dog at all. Glad Lester is okay and well done on training him so well. You need antibiotics if it broke the skin because their mouths carry loads of germs and wounds easily become infected.

Glad you reported it and the police probably are aware of these low lifes you can bet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice