UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Buddy to the vets for his second vaccines. She gave him the whole lot so that he doesn't have to go back for more needles, just yearly. Goes to make n appointment to get him microchipped fine then ahe tells us how much it costs, pardon, pet plan take it out of my bank. That's sorted now. Vets got us with pet plan.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Glad buddy now has had his jabs. He can go for walkies soon!!

Petplan won't cover jabs or a microchip though. They also dont cover worming or any food either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad buddy now has had his jabs. He can go for walkies soon!!

Petplan won't cover jabs or a microchip though. They also dont cover worming or any food either.
That's not what the vet said, they said they cover jabs and microchips.:confused: this is the vets the cats were with too.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
That's not what the vet said, they said they cover jabs and microchips.:confused: this is the vets the cats were with too.
I dont think they do. Im with petplan and they dont cover any standard pet care things that come with having a dog like jabs and chips etc. I believe its all insurances too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think they do. Im with petplan and they dont cover any standard pet care things that come with having a dog like jabs and chips etc. I believe its all insurances too.
Vets also gave u's a piece of paper with info on telling uswhat pet plan cover jabs and chips were included in what they cover. It's a thing for puppies that lasts a year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bet you can't wait to get him out for walkies.

Petplan definitely do not cover vaccinations, spaying/neutering, worming and flea treatment
The paper listed everything they covered. Chips and jabs were on the list with this puppy thing with pet plan.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Did you get it from your vets or somewhere as a package.

I know the pets at home vets do 4 weeks insurance, jabs and chips for puppies for a set price. It may be that.

Petplan wont cover the yearly boosters etc.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
That's interesting Dan; is it some sort of promotion? I have Kilo insured with Petplan who definitely don't cover his vaccines / chip etc but am about to add Rudi. If you have details of this promotion I'd be very grateful as I can't find it on t'interweb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you get it from your vets or somewhere as a package.

I know the pets at home vets do 4 weeks insurance, jabs and chips for puppies for a set price. It may be that.

Petplan wont cover the yearly boosters etc.
Just asked mum, turns out no the insurance don't cover jabs and chips but we have both that and pet medics have their own pet plan so their pet plan cover chips and jabs. Pet medics own pet plan, handy too. I can't wait to walk him. Might need help persuading him to walk on his lead with me holding it though. He puts the brakes on if I'm holding his lead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's interesting Dan; is it some sort of promotion? I have Kilo insured with Petplan who definitely don't cover his vaccines / chip etc but am about to add Rudi. If you have details of this promotion I'd be very grateful as I can't find it on t'interweb.
I got confused we have the insurance and pet medics very own pet plan.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I got confused we have the insurance and pet medics very own pet plan.
I see; thanks for finding out though Dan - thought I was missing a trick!!

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Oh there you go.

Its worth looking at it as if you are paying for both it may be a bit of a waste to keep both.

Get him used to the lead in the house. If you put it on and lead him around with treats and lots of fuss and praise he will get used to the lead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh there you go.

Its worth looking at it as if you are paying for both it may be a bit of a waste to keep both.

Get him used to the lead in the house. If you put it on and lead him around with treats and lots of fuss and praise he will get used to the lead.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pet Plan never cover preventative treatments. That imcludes vaccines, flea and worm treatments, spaying etc.

Any 4 week cover u have from your vets only covers accidents and illnesses :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pet Plan never cover preventative treatments. That imcludes vaccines, flea and worm treatments, spaying etc.

Any 4 week cover u have from your vets only covers accidents and illnesses :)
Pet medics own pet plan is what we have I got mixed up. Pet medics pet plan will last u's a year but the insurance we have free for a month. Mum explained it all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.