Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What a morning

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

1... Got up to a cold house the heating wasn't working so OH phoned the council to report it, spoke a woman, he told we were venerable and shielding, then she asked all sorts of questions about what was wrong with us OH told her briefly and then she said we'll get some out as soon as we can will someone be in":rolleyes: Anyway his just been and fixed it so we are OK and warm again.

2... Our Sainsbury's delivery came just minutes before as the gas engineer which was fun as we were still unloading and there was shopping everywhere in our very small hall.

3... Put my laptop on and Windows decided to do a update which took over half an hour.

4... I'm totally shattered so is OH, so it's a easy dinner today steak and chips.

Why do things always happen at once.:D

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

So you can get it all over with and enjoy a stretch of peace before the next landslide! :D Glad they got the heating sorted so quickly. I'm working on getting help to replace my furnace right now. It hasn't diet yet but it's getting there xxx

3. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

A saying round here "It's like corporation buses, you wait half an hour for one to turn up and then three come together!" :D also "it comes in threes" is it just the area of Derbyshire that I live in or is this a common saying elsewhere?

4. Happy Paws2

It's a saying I've heard all my life as well, here in the North Birmingham area.

5. margy

margy PetForums VIP

I'm glad your heating got sorted quickly it's not the weather to be without heating brr. I'm in the middle of getting a new kitchen and my builder isn't having a good week. Yesterday his workmate slipped on the snow and dislocated his shoulder so he had to take him to A& E. That lost him a mornings work, not good as it will take him longer having to do all the work himself. New floor joists, skimming the ceiling. Then this morning the kitchen cabinet doors were delivered and they were the wrong colour, he's had to sort that out. It's one thing after another. Also I'm wishing it was all finished it's like living on a building site.

6. Happy Paws2

I feel for you, not nice living in building site hope it sorted soon.

7. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

I sympathise, we had our kitchen fitted around this time of year a couple of years ago and it took longer than quoted, but the end result was well worth the aggravation. Hope you don't have any more mishaps.

tabelmabel, ForestWomble and margy like this.
  8. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Glad you are warm again :),
    can I borrow your council for about a week please? ;)

9. Happy Paws2

I know I moan about our Birmingham City Council but when we really need them for the heating or electric problems they are here with 24 hours.

tabelmabel, margy and ForestWomble like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice