UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walking to the local shop this morning with the dogs...coming in the opposite direction,two women and two toddlers.The first toddler was grasping a massive burger in his little hands...

Me...(laughing) "You'll never eat all that lot!"

1st Woman..."Yer what?"

Me...(smiling) "It's nearly as big as him isn't it?"

1st Woman..."What's that supposed to mean?"

Me...(smiling)..."Just saying!"....

2nd Woman..."What's up?"

1st Woman..."That bloke taking the piss!"

2nd Woman..."Ignore the prat!"

Now is it me?...or...(sigh!)

I wonder if they were at my gate the other night while I was handing out sweets to their little darlings?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
God aren't some people SCUM!

I once took my youngest son to Liverpool for the day to watch a football match, I was knocked out by how friendly everyone was.

We saw a group of kids all with towels wrapped round them with 2 mums - obviously been swimming earlier. One of the kids was eating green stuff from a tube marked 'snot shots' which made us giggle. One of the mums, with a great big smile, said 'I know we look ridiculous but the weather's turned colder that's why we've got towels round us - we've been swimming you see!' I explained it was the 'snot shots' we were laughing at and that we had understood about the towels.

It gave me a lovely warm feeling though as I'm sure in some circumstances ...such as yours PD..They could have been arsey because they thought we were laughing at them!

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Whenever I walk into town, I always make a point of saying Good Morning / Afternoon and smile at older people I pass on the way. They ALWAYS smile back and return the greeting. I choose them because I know they 'get it'.

I don't bother with the youngs ones though - I can't speak Chav!!!!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I always smile or nod at older people, they always say hello and i love it :D Though i have found that if i smile at anyone they have no choice but to smile back because i look so funny :eek:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Whenever I walk into town, I always make a point of saying Good Morning / Afternoon and smile at older people I pass on the way. They ALWAYS smile back and return the greeting. I choose them because I know they 'get it'.

I don't bother with the youngs ones though - I can't speak Chav!!!!!
I can't go anywhere without kids screaming 'Hiya Miss!' at me. I was once in a shopping centre with OH and they all started shouting it from different directions and floors! :p When I was in Wales looking after my dad it was really weird when I went out at school closing time and none of the kids acknowledged me! :lol::lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.